Creating your own homemade bath powder is as easy as combining a few ingredients of your choice in 5 minutes.
Bath powders are a perfect substitute for soaps and are even more beneficial.
- 2 cups powdered whole milk
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- In a large glass jar, add powdered milk, cornstarch, and baking soda.
- Put the lid on, shake the container until all is well combined.
- If you would like to add some lavender essential oil for added fragrance and additional skin-soothing benefits, do so at this stage.
- After the oil has been added, just put the lid back on the jar and shake again to blend.
- Store in an airtight jar in a cool, dark place for 24 hours before use.
- This gives the product time to fully mix and get incorporated really well.
- If you have a bathtub, then you can add 1-2 cups of this bath powder in the tub and soak in for 30 minutes.
- But if you are using it without a bathtub, then use it like a bah powder.
- Take the desired amount of the bath bower in a bowl and wet your body using lukewarm water.
- Then take the bath power, and massage it on your damp skin.
- Massage for good 7-10 minutes.
- Remember to be very gentle on your skin.
- And also, make sure you do not apply this on your face. This is specifically for your body.
- Use this routine twice a week for the best results.
The lactic acid in milk is an alpha hydroxy acid that helps cleanse the skin and release dead skin cells.
This helps the skin to rejuvenate more easily, resulting in radiant, shiny, satiny, and soft skin.
Alpha hydroxy acids are widely applied to moisturizers, cleansers, toners, and masks and are beneficial for the skin in the same way as milk acts as an exfoliant.
Over time, they are particularly effective in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and roughness.
So taking a milk bath is the natural way to add these benefits to your skin and from head to toe.
Cornstarch can be used as a soother for skin irritation, including sunburn and skin allergies.
It is also helpful for oily skin, as it removes the irritating excess oil in your skin and controls the number of oils your skin produces every day.
Cornstarch and milk face provide enough protein to give your skin natural collagen that will gradually make you look younger and fresher.
Baking soda helps improve the skin’s collagen and eliminate impurities.
Gently exfoliates the skin, eliminating the layer of dead skin cells.
The mild exfoliating effects of baking soda make it a wonderful ingredient to help banish body acne from your skin.
It has bleaching properties that help to fade away stains and spots on the skin.
It can help reduce this problem by closing the pores of your skin and also by reducing them slightly in appearance.
This ingredient has astringent-like properties that help to close the pores and keep them from clogging with dirt that causes blackheads and acne.