Most of us cannot do without our cup of coffee.
It works like an alarm to wake us up in the morning and help us survive the entire day.
However, this special ingredient is excellent for the skin as well.
Coffee, when used on the skin, helps in reducing puffy eyes, dark circles and also ageing signs.
In this article, we will be sharing an under-eye coffee gel recipe which will solve the problem of puffy and dark under eyes. Use them and bring back the youth to your skin.
To make your under-eye coffee gel, you will need:
- 2 tbsp of Aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp of Coffee powder
- 4-5 drops of Rosewater
- 1 tbsp of Potato juice
- 3-4 drops of Vitamin E oil and
- 3-4 drops of Sweet almond oil
- Take a clean glass bowl, add aloe vera gel, coffee powder, rosewater, potato juice, vitamin E and almond oil in it.
- Mix all the ingredients in order to make a gel.
- To use, cleanse your face using a mild cleanser and pat the skin dry.
- Scoop this gel either on your fingers or on a brush and apply it under your eyes.
- Let it sit overnight and rinse it off in the morning.
- Finish by applying a light moisturizer over it.
- Use this remedy every alternate night for visible results.
- Aloe vera and rose water hydrates the skin and repair the damage from within.
- Coffee works like a natural exfoliator which fastens the blood flow and reduces the puffiness.
- Potato juice lightens the dark circles.
- Vitamin E makes the skin more elastic which prevents signs of ageing like, wrinkles and dark circles.
Hacks To Fight Puffy Eyes
If an elaborate remedy is not your cup of tea, here are some easier hacks which you can use in order to fight the puffy eyes. Use any of them and open your eyes to rejuvenated skin.
Using raw potatoes on the eyes can help reduce puffiness due to the catecholase present in it.
This enzyme fastens the process of cell regeneration leading to non puffier eyes.
- Slice thin layer of potato and place them on your eyes.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and wash off the residue with cold water.
#2. Tea Bags
Tea contains antioxidant which fights the skin damage and helps repair them from the pores.
- To use, boil some water and steep tea bag in it for 10 minutes.
- Take it out and freeze it in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, place them on your eyes and let it sit for 5 minutes.
#3. Washcloth Remedy
A simpler way of treating puffy eyes is to dip a washcloth in some chilled water, squeezing the excess and placing it on the eyes for 10 minutes.
#4. Start Tapping
This one is the easiest remedy that you can perform even if you are outside.
- All you have to do is using your middle or ring finger, tap all-around your eyes.
- This stimulates blood flow which settles the puffy eyes faster.