Turmeric stands to be the key ingredient in every household.
No recipe is complete without a pinch of this ingredient.
However, its benefits on the skin are quite impressive too.
If you are facing dark circles and puffy eyes, we recommend ditching everything else and trying this magic powder out.
In this article, we will be sharing some tricks using the star ingredient turmeric, which will help in lightening the dark circles while improving the quality of the skin.
Trick #1 – Turmeric + Curd + Lemon
- In a clean bowl, add 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon curd and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Mix well to form a paste.
- Apply it under your eyes and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off using plain water and pat the skin dry.
- Use this treatment every day to get rid of dark circles.
Turmeric contains antibacterial properties which kill the bacteria that causes skin damage.
Curd and lemon both contribute to whitening the skin.
Trick #2 – Turmeric + Honey + Lemon
- In a glass bowl, add 1/2 Tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients to form a smooth paste.
- Scoop it on your finger and apply it under the eyes.
- Let it sit for 10-20 minutes and rinse it off using warm water.
- Pat the skin dry and finish by applying a light moisturizer on it.
- Use this remedy twice every week for best results.
This mask is the perfect solution to dark circles.
It contains ingredients which brightens the skin while moisturizing the under-eye.
Trick #3 – Olive Oil + Turmeric
- Mix 1 tbsp of olive oil with a pinch of turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Cleanse your face and pat the skin dry.
- Scoop this mix on a facial brush and apply it under your eyes.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse it off using plain water.
- Use this treatment thrice every day for best results.
Olive oil hydrates the under eyes which fastens the cell regeneration process.
Turmeric, on the other hand, has properties which brighten the skin.
Trick #4 – Yoghurt + Turmeric
- Make a paste using a pinch of turmeric powder with 1 Tsp of yoghurt.
- Apply it under the eyes in a thick layer and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Use fresh water to rinse the mask and pat the skin dry.
- Finish by applying a light moisturizer.
- Massage in a circular motion until the skin absorbs it.
- Use this remedy every alternate day to make your dark circles disappear.
Yoghurt contains lactic acid which brightens the skin and works on pigmentation and darkness.
Turmeric powder kills the bacteria that causes skin damage.
Trick #5 – Turmeric + Baking Soda + Lemon Juice
- Make a paste by mixing 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp baking soda and 4-5 drops of lemon juice.
- Cleanse your face using a mild cleanser and pat the skin dry.
- Scoop this turmeric mix and apply it under the eye.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse it off using cold water.
- Pat the skin dry.
- Use this mask 1-2 times in a week.
This mask contains ingredients which are rich bleaching agents.
Lemon and baking soda both lightens the dark circles while improving the blood circulation for faster repair.