How To Use Turmeric For Acne Free Glowing Skin
The golden spice turmeric of India is much more than just a staple of the kitchen.
This spice will work wonders for your skin, apart from adding flavor to your curry and making it tastier.
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- ½ tablespoon of sandalwood powder
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
- Make a paste and apply on pimples or acne before going to bed
- Wash your face the next morning
- Do this on a regular basis to get rid of acne
Turmeric is an effective agent that is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
It is one of the best remedies for battling acne in a natural way.
They are known to be active against Propionibacterium acnes, a pathogen responsible for causing acne; both rose extracts and turmeric.
It is recognized that sandalwood is a cooling and soothing agent.
It calms irritated skin and thus, tackles acne effectively.
- 1 tablespoon of wild turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
- 2-3 drops of almond oil
- Mix and make a thick mask with all the ingredients.
- Apply and keep on to your face for 15 to 20 minutes.
- With cold water, wash it off.
The yellow pigment in the turmeric, curcumin, is responsible for the spice’s antioxidant properties.
The antioxidant strength of curcumin battles free radicals that speed up the aging process of the skin.
Make the following mask part of your regular skin routine if you have noticed any early signs of skin aging, such as fine wrinkles, especially around your eyes and lips, or dryness.
Whereas almond oil restores lost moisture from the skin, rose water induces cooling effects.
Almond oil is wonderful for your skin.
It helps plump and firm the skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
Their strong anti-inflammatory properties are one of the greatest benefits of rose water.
These properties can be of assistance in treating multiple diseases, both internal and external.
Skin lightening Face pack
- Wild turmeric powder
- Lemon juice
- Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and add enough lemon juice to make a thick paste
- Apply to the affected area, especially on your face and neck.
- You can use the same remedy to treat body acne too.
- Let it dry for about 20 to 30 minutes and wash off with water.
- You can replace lemon juice with cucumber if need be.
One of the essential skin lightening ingredients mentioned in Ayurveda is turmeric.
It is understood to minimize dark spots and give the skin a glow.
This spice has an association with weddings in India that is everlasting.
For its skin lightening effects, Hindu weddings adopt a tradition of adding turmeric to the bride-to-be.
Tea tree and turmeric face pack
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 2-3 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients to make it a smooth paste.
- Apply the created mask properly all over the cleansed face and neck, then wait until it dries completely.
- Use a warm wet washcloth or splash some lukewarm water to remove the mask.
- Repeat this remedy three to four times a week.