Try this trick to get younger looking hands
The hand is the visible part of the brain.
From helping us bathe to something as vital as eating, they are the most valuable.
However, we tend to ignore them when it comes to taking care of them.
In this article, we will be helping you with tricks that you can use to keep your hands looking young and rejuvenated.
#1. Wear Gloves
- Protecting hands is the first trick that can help in keeping your hands looking younger.
- Wearing gloves when you are going out or even while washing dishes is a must.
- The detergent can strip the hands away from natural oils which can cause it to appear dry and wrinkled.
#2. Depend Moisturizer
Moisturizer works like hydration for the skin.
You should apply a good layer of moisturizer on your hands to keep them nourished at all times.
We tend to wash our hands quite often due to the dirt that’s present in the environment.
This strips the natural oil away from the hand which can cause it to appear dry and damaged.
- You can mix 1/2 cup almond oil, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 2 tbsp shea butter, 1 Tsp vitamin E oil and 4-5 drops of vanilla essential oil to make your homemade moisturizer.
- Scoop a generous amount on your finger and apply it on your hands.
- Massage in a circular motion until the skin absorbs it.
- Use this 3-4 times in a day for best results.
Just like the face, cleansing is not enough when it comes to taking care of the hands.
You must exfoliate them too.
Exfoliation helps in removing impurities that sit in the pores, causing the skin to age.
- You can use something as basic as 1 Tsp of sugar mixed with 1/2 Tsp of olive oil.
- Apply this on your hands and using a circular motion, exfoliate the skin.
- Rinse off and finish by using a generous amount of moisturizer on top.
- Use this thrice a week for best results.
#4. Avoid Harsh Ingredients
- Unlike skin, we tend to treat our hands very differently.
- We use harsh ingredients in the form of pumice stone and exfoliators which can cause skin damage.
- The dish wash used to wash your utensils contains the worst chemicals therefore always wear gloves while doing these chores.
- These chemicals are one of the primary causes of intensifying the ageing process.
#5. Try Manicures
While most people think this particular thing is only reserved for the elite class, I say break that stereotype.
You must care for your hands as much as you care for your skin.
You don’t need to go get seek professional help with this, but you can do a mini manicure session for yourself at your very own home.
- Just soak your hands in some hot water for 10 minutes to open your cuticles.
- Exfoliate them gently and push the cuticles.
- You can also remove the dead skin around the nails using the right tools.
- Wipe clean and finish by moisturizing it.
Following a manicure routine twice every month helps in keeping them young and healthy.