Today in this article, I’m going to share with you the recipe for flaxseed and saffron gel, which is a superfood for your skin.
This gel is very thin, supremely hydrating, non-greasy, non-comedogenic, and you can’t even feel them on your skin, but you can see it’s magical effects.
- 1 Tsp Saffron Strands
- 3 Tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
- 3 Tbsp Pure Flaxseed Gel
- 10 drops of sweet almond oil
- 1 Vitamin E Capsule
- A Pinch of Wild Turmeric
- A few drops of glycerine
- Take 1 tsp of Kesar strands in the pestle and mortar and grind to a fine powder.
- Take about 3 tablespoons of flaxseed gel in a bowl and add the powdered saffron.
- Mix well. Let the saffron infuse with the gel for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, you can see that the flaxseed has been infused with the saffron and has transformed into a dark orange solution.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and blend well.
- Take 3 tbsp of Aloe Vera Gel in a separate bowl and start adding the saffron and turmeric solution gradually and blend until you have a homogeneous gel as a mixture.
- Finally, add all the remaining ingredients, such as glycerine, sweet almond oil, one vitamin E capsule, and mix well.
- Your gel is ready for use.
- Transfer this to a clean and airtight container.
- You can store it in the refrigerator for about 20 days.
- During the night, wash your face with a soap-free cleanser, add a toner and add a generous amount of the gel to your face.
- Massage it lightly on your skin.
- Leave the night.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water in the morning.
Please take good quality saffron when making the gel.
The saffron and turmeric present in the gel will stain your skin for around 10 minutes after application, so I will advise you to apply this gel only at night.
The stain would go off within a few minutes of the application.
When applied topically, the DIY saffron gel improves the skin in several respects. This gel helps to brighten your skin, acts as an outstanding night gel, hydrates and nourishes your skin, and also helps to fade away any dark spots or brown spots on your face. You’re going to wake up with shiny, radiant skin, as it works quickly due to the presence of powerful ingredients such as saffron and turmeric.
Saffron has been shown to moisturize the skin when used as an extract in a topical cream formulation. It acts as an anti-solar agent, blocking UV rays and shielding the skin from sun damage.
The active carotenoids, such as crocetin, have antioxidant and antinociceptive effects. These properties can help keep the skin healthy and youthful. Saffron also has anti-inflammatory properties that help minimize skin inflammation, rash, and swelling.
High levels of antioxidants, as well as vitamin C, E, and beta-carotene, provide aloe vera with nourishing and anti-aging properties of the skin. Aloe vera can help moisturize your skin without making it oily. Aloe vera is also very effective in the treatment of sunburn, stretch marks, and tan.
Flaxseed is loaded with a omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 acids have amazing skin healing properties, and they are great moisturizers. This seed has anti-inflammatory and soothing effects on the skin. It helps calm any rashes and irritated skin. Flaxseed gel enhances the skin’s texture and elasticity. This consistency of flaxseed makes flaxseed one of the best anti-aging ingredients you can find, along with its soothing properties and high concentrations of omega 3 acids. Without making it greasy, flaxseed gel hydrates the skin, which helps control oily skin and acne.