A charcoal mask is a new buzz in the world of beauty.
These masks are known to detoxify the skin and give it a cleaner and brighter complexion.
- 1 tsp bentonite clay
- 1 tsp activated charcoal powder
- ½ tsp raw honey
- 2 tsp water
- Add the water to a small glass vessel.
- In the bowl, sprinkle the bentonite clay over the top of the water mixture.
- Let it absorb the ingredients in a bowl for about 10 seconds. This makes it easier to mix the mixture.
- Use a small rubber spatula to mix and combine it all together.
- The clay might remain lumpy, so it takes a couple of minutes to mix thoroughly.
- You have enough mixture here for two face masks.
- When your mask has been blended, add it generously to your face.
- Allow it to dry for about 10 minutes before washing with soap and warm water.
- Charcoal can and will stain light-colored fabrics and maybe your sink.
- Make sure you don’t get it on your clothes and quickly clean it from your sink after you use it.
- This mask can be difficult to get off, and gentle soap helps to get the rest of the charcoal out of your face.
- Using a washcloth helps, too, but it can stain forever, so use an old one.
- A washcloth also scrubs the charcoal over the skin, which can be somewhat irritating to certain skin types.
- For some types of skin, this charcoal face mask can be too dry, particularly after using soap to remove it.
- If your skin needs it, then add a thin layer of oil, such as sweet almond or pumpkin seed oil, or your favorite natural face lotion afterward.
Bentonite Clay for Cleaning
Bentonite clay is the best oily skin product since it has high absorbing properties, which ensures that it can absorb excess oil from your skin and eliminate all these awful impurities.
It also helps with acne because it sucks the dirt out of it and soothes the skin.
Bentonite clay adsorbent strength can be helpful in the treatment of acne breakouts and oily skin.
Clay may help absorb sebum or oil from the surface of the skin and can also have a soothing effect on inflamed breakouts.
Raw Honey for Soft Skin
Honey is a natural antiseptic when it comes to healthy, radiant skin.
Full of hydrating properties, this ingredient helps you combat acne and imperfections and encourages a cleaner and smoother complexion.
Benefits of Activated Charcoal:
Brightens the skin
A charcoal mask gets rid of the skin of the impurities, and the dust settled on it.
If you wash your mask off, you’ll note how bright your skin looks.
So, use this mask to quickly improve your skin.
Purifies the pores
Charcoal face masks have an excellent penetrating action to penetrate deep into your pores to eliminate any built-up dirt, oil, or other common contaminants.
This deep purification ensures that your pores remain tight and safe.
Slough off dead skin cells
In addition to brightening the face, the carbon mask even exfoliates it due to its rough texture.
If effective, it removes dead skin cells, leaving your skin looking bright and beautiful!
Mattifies oily skin
A charcoal mask balances the secretion of oil on the skin.
So it’s great if you’ve got oily, acne-prone skin.
This mask is also useful during the hot summer months when the oil secretion on your face is more than normal.
Charcoal face masks will clean the skin of acne-causing elements such as excess sebum, clogged pores, and dead skin buildup.
It may also help to minimize the size of active pipes and to dry them out.