SUGARCANE JUICE – BENEFITS & HOME REMEDIES
Sugarcane juice is largely consumed as a very refreshing drink during the summers. It does have a high content of sugar along with several other health benefits.
Sugar cane juice has the following health benefits:
- It Is Good For the Skin
It helps to delay the signs of ageing. It contains flavonoids as well as antioxidants which help to nourish the skin from within and keep it looking soft and moisturized.
- Contains Essential Minerals
Sugar cane juice is a rich source of minerals such as calcium and phosphorus. These minerals not only help to strengthen the bones but also help to build the tooth enamel. Consuming sugar cane juice on regular basis can also help to prevent tooth decay.
- Provides Energy
Sugar cane juice can provide an instant boost to your energy levels since it contains a high amount of sugar. The different kinds of sugars present in this can be easily digested by the body and hence provide you with instant energy.
- Treats Acidity
This juice can greatly help in dealing with acidity. It has alkalizing properties. Hence it helps to neutralize the excess acid present in the stomach. This in turn provides relief from acidity.
- Contains Vitamin C
This juice also contains high levels of zinc and vitamin C. this is the reason why it can be used for treating sudden throat infections.
- Helps To Build Immunity
Sugar cane juice has been known to provide much help with the healing of wounds. It helps to repair the cells faster as well.
How To Make Sugarcane Juice
You will need:
- 2-3 sticks of sugar cane (peeled)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Preparing sugarcane juice does not involve too many ingredients. It is actually the preparation time which requires more work.
If you are peeling the sugar canes yourself then use a sharp knife and be very careful as the skin of the sugar canes is quite tough. You may use freshly peeled sugar canes as well.
- Cut the sugar canes into small chunks.
- Now you must prepare the juice in two batches.
- Add half the sugar cane chunks into the blender along with a little water and blend at high speed for at least 3-4 minutes.
- Do not use a smoothie maker for this as the sugar cane chunks might damage it.
- Now take the juice and strain it using a sieve.
- Add some lemon juice if desired and consume it 2-3 times a week.
Sugar Cane Juice and Fullers Earth
Sugar cane juice contains alpha-hydroxy acids which promote the production of new cells. Hence it can be added to face masks to make the skin glow and look youthful.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of sugar cane juice
- 1 tablespoon of fullers earth
- Simply mix the two ingredients together.
- Now apply this paste on your face and let it dry completely.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy once a week.
Caution: it is not advised to use this remedy if you suffer from acne. This is because the juice is rich in sugar and any acne-causing germs may feed off this sugar to multiply and further aggravate the acne.
You must consume the juice with caution and in moderation if you are a patient of diabetes.