There are a lot of problems that the skin goes through.
One such skin problem is enlarged pores.
The causes of it can be multifold, however, its effects can be a major morale breaker.
In this article, we will be sharing with you the top 5 skin mistakes that people do which causes enlarged pores.
Read till the end to know how to treat your enlarged pores using natural remedies for healthier skin.
Mistake #1. Choosing the Wrong Cleanser
- When it comes to skin, you must choose a cleanser that suits your skin type.
- Someone with oily skin must stay clear of moisturizing cleanser as they can leave residue in the pores, causing pores to enlarge.
- When it comes to dry skin, opting for a moisturizing cleanser to prevent dead skin which clogs the pore is a must.
- This dead skin settles in the pores also causing them to enlarge.
Mistake #2 Excess Exfoliation
- While there are tones of articles that promote exfoliation, you must do so accurately.
- Exfoliating the skin every day can absorb the natural oil from the skin, leading to excess sebum production. This, in turn, can clog the pores and enlarge them.
- Exfoliating the skin twice every day helps in keeping the pores cleansed while maintaining the right amount of oil on it.
Mistake #3. Not Removing Makeup
- Sleeping with makeup on is the most terrible thing that you can do with your skin.
- You must use a makeup remover to wipe the entire makeup out.
- When not done, it tends to clog the pores, causing them to enlarge.
- If you don’t want to invest in a makeup remover, you can always use oils and moisturizer for the same.
Mistake #4. Not Following A proper cleansing Routine
- Not cleansing the face using an appropriate routine helps in clogging the pores and enlarging them.
- You must use a cleanser that suits your skin type to keep your pores healthy.
- Exfoliation is important too as it removes the impurities from the pores which clog them, leading to enlarged pores.
- You can follow it up with a mask to seal it and finish by applying a serum.
Mistake #5. Not Protecting the Skin from UV Rays
- Sun damage is the most crucial reason for damaged skin.
- Uv rays contribute to enlarging the pores and making impurities penetrate it.
- However, wearing sunscreen helps in applying a thick layer of protection which can protect the pores from getting enlarged.
Here is a remedy to make your homemade sunscreen:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. powdered zinc oxide
- 1/4 cup pure aloe vera gel
- 25 drops walnut extract oil for scent and
- 1 cup Shea butter
- Begin by melting Shea butter using the double boiler method.
- Once done, take it off the flame and mix it with coconut oil, zinc powder, aloe vera gel and walnut extract.
- Mix all the ingredients really well.
- Let it sit to solidify.
- As it begins to solidify, use a hand blender to whip it up.
- To use, scoop this and apply it onto your skin.
- Massage till the skin absorbs it.
- Use it every time before leaving the house.