Skin Brightening Night Serum With Aloe Vera Gel
April 20, 2021 Written by GP Team
Serums are a great way to target a specific concern and treat them.
Today we’ll show you a face serum that will help to brighten your skin tone and reduce pigmentation and dark spots too.
To make this serum, you’ll need:
- 10 – 12 fresh mint leaves, wash and chop them
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
(if you have sensitive skin, you can skip adding lemon juice)
- 4 tbsp of aloe vera gel
- 1/2 organic cucumber
- 3 tsp cold milk
- & 1 tsp sweet almond oil
(you can also use cold-pressed coconut oil)
- Take 1 medium-size fresh aloe vera leaf and take out the translucent gel from it.
- We need about 4 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel to make this serum.
- Add this into a food processor.
Aloe vera protects the skin against UV damage, it also hydrates and improves skin elasticity.
- Next, add the cucumber and mint leaves to the food processor.
Mint leaves have great astringent properties, it is also very effective to dry out acne blemishes on your face.
Cucumber is loaded with vitamin K that minimizes the visibility of dark circles.
- Make a very fine and smooth mixture of all the 3 ingredients.
- Once done, strain the mixture using a fine muslin cloth or a fine strainer and take it out in a bowl.
- Pour 5 tbsp of this mixture into a clean bowl.
- Next, add 1 tsp of sweet almond oil, 3 teaspoons of cold milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
Almond oil is packed with retinol, it also boosts collagen synthesis.
- Mix everything well, and your serum is ready.
Lemons are rich in vitamin C.
It helps to reduce free radicals and slows the aging process.
- Wash your face using a gentle face wash and pat it dry.
- Use a toner. You can even use rose water as a toner if you don’t have any.
- Take a dollop of serum on your fingertips and massage this into your skin.
- Let the serum completely absorb into your skin.
- If you have extremely dry skin, you can apply a face moisturizer on top of it.
- Use this night serum every night for the best results.
- If you are new to the vitamin C application, you can start with every alternate night application and gradually start using it every night.
Make sure to remove the serum in the morning because when exposed to the sun, vitamin C can cause sensitivity.
Remember to always apply sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.