Home Remedies To Help Soothe Irritated Skin
Skin rashes are a very discomforting skin condition.
Rashes can be itchy, no matter what caused them.
And itching on rashes makes them worse.
Ointments, lotions, and other at-home remedies are commonly used to treat skin rashes.
It’s almost hard not to itch, and scratching skin rashes will only make them worse and raise the risk of infection.
In this video, we will talk about home remedies for skin rashes that can help relieve rashes almost instantly.
1. Cold Compress
- Ice/ Ice bag
Cold compress can cure and soothe skin rashes that cause itchiness and irritation.
It can bring immediate relief and minimize swelling, itching, and even slow down rash development.
- You may add an ice bag to the irritated skin or even use a cloth dampened in cold water.
- Keep a cold compress on your skin until the pain and itching are minimized. Repeat as many times as possible.
2. Coconut Oil
- Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- Heat a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil and add to the affected area.
- Please leave it in place for 30 minutes or so.
- Wash with warm water and dry the skin.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times a day before the rash heals.
Coconut oil is among one the best home remedies for skin allergies in infants and adolescents.
It has moisturizing properties due to its medium-chain fatty acids, suitable for dry, scaly skin allergies.
It also has strong anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that make it an excellent treatment for many skin conditions.
Fatty acids in virgin coconut oil have great antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
Coconut oil is also used as an important skin moisturizer.
It can be applied to both the skin and the scalp. Try to get pure coconut oil for better results.
3. Tulsi (Holy Basil)
- A handful of fresh tulsi leaves
- Choose a handful of fresh tulsi leaves and wash them thoroughly, to make sure there is no dirt in them.
- Grind the leaves in a food processor until the consistency is smooth.
- Apply the paste to the affected region.
- Please leave it in the allergy-affected area for about 30 minutes before washing.
- Repeat the exercise for relaxation a few times a day.
Tulsi medicinal properties have been known for a long time in India.
It has wide-spectrum antimicrobial properties that can effectively protect the skin from infections.
It also has anti-inflammatory properties that minimize swelling and itchiness, making it useful to naturally eliminate skin allergies.
4. Petroleum Jelly
- A tub of petroleum jelly
- Apply a thin jelly film to the affected region.
- Leave it all day and re-apply as needed.
Dryness can make many skin rashes worse; this is where petroleum jelly serves as one of the most potent home remedies for skin allergy in winter.
Petroleum jelly protects the infected area from bacteria and keeps it moisturized, thereby improving the healing process.
- A handful of neem leaves, preferably fresh;
- Food Processor
- Grind the leaves of the neem in a blender until the paste has a fine consistency.
- Apply the paste to the affected area and leave for 30 minutes.
- Clean the paste clean and repeat 3-4 times a day before you see change.
Neem is another common herb widely used in India for its medicinal properties.
It can minimize the effects of redness, swelling, and itching due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Neem is also a natural antihistamine, which is why it is used in home treatments for skin allergies on the face.