Homemade hair oil that can totally change your hair
March 10, 2022 Written by GP Team
No matter what your hair texture or type is, oils can drastically change your hair. Oils not only improve hydration, add shine and improve the softness, oils can also protect the hair cuticle, some oils can also reduce hair loss and improve hair growth. Here are some amazing hair oils recipes which are combination of different hair oils, which can drastically improve your hair.
DIY onion hair oil recipe
- Medium-sized onions: 2
- Coconut hair oil: 160 ml
- Olive oil: 50 ml
- Castor oil: 50 ml
- Dried curry leaves: 1 cup
- Camphor: 2 pieces
- Kalonji seeds: 1 tablespoon
- Chop the onions.
- Take a pan.
- Fill it with 160 ml of coconut oil.
- Bring it to boil.
- Add olive oil and castor oil in it.
- Stir it well to make sure everything gets mixed up.
- Now, add the onion wedges, it will bubble up.
- After 5 minutes add the curry leaves followed by camphor and kalonji seeds.
- Let it simmer for a while.
- Once it is completely boiled, turn off the flame, cover the container with a lid.
- Let it sit for about 4-5 hours and cool down.
- After that stain out the contents in an airtight glass container.
- Use this hair oil 3-4 times in a week to get the best results.
DIY curry leaf hair oil recipe
- Curry leaves: 1 cup
- Extra virgin coconut oil: 3 cups
- Vitamin E capsules: 2
- Add 4 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil in a cup of curry leaves.
- Transfer the contents in a food processor.
- Blend it well.
- Now take a pan and add extra virgin coconut oil in it.
- Pour 2 curry leaves in it.
- Add the curry leaf paste in it.
- Turn on the flame and keep stirring.
- Keep the flame low, you will notice that the oil will bubble up after a while.
- Turn off the flame when you notice that the 2 curry leaves have become crispy and slightly yellowish in color.
- Let it cool down for about 45 minutes.
- Use a muslin cloth on top of a strainer to strain out this oil in an airtight container.
- Pop-out the contents of 2 vitamin E capsules in this oil.
- Mix it well and it is ready to be used.
- Use this hair oil twice or thrice in a week for at least 3 months to get the best results.
DIY neem hair oil recipe
- Freshly plucked neem leaves: 7-8 sprigs
- Holy basil leaves: a handful
- Extra virgin coconut oil: 200 ml
- Wash the neem leaves and the basil leaves properly.
- After that, put neem leaves and basil leaves in a blender, add very little water to make a smooth paste.
- Now take a thick pan and add extra virgin coconut oil in it.
- Bring it to boil.
- Add the green leaf concoction in it, let it simmer for 15 minutes in low flame.
- Turn off the flame once you notice that it has turned green in color.
- Let it cool down for at least 2 hours.
- Run it through a sieve and transfer the contents in an airtight glass jar.
- After applying this hair oil, keep it overnight.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo the next day.
- Follow up with a nourishing hair conditioner and a serum.
- Blow-dry your hair afterwards.
- Use this hair oil twice or thrice a week to reap the maximum benefits.
DIY fenugreek seed hair oil recipe
- Henna powder: 1 tablespoon
- Fenugreek seeds: half a cup
- Extra virgin coconut oil: 3/4th of a cup
- Extra virgin olive oil: 3/4th of a cup
- Hexane free castor oil; 5 tablespoons
- Peppermint essential oil: a few drops
- Rosemary essential oil: 10 drops
- Tea tree essential oil: 5-10 drops
- MSM powder: 1 teaspoon
- Take all the ingredients in the specified quantities in an airtight glass jar.
- Give it a stir to infuse the goodness of one ingredient into the other.
- Let it sit for at least 24 hours before using this natural hair oil.
- Take a generous amount of this hair oil and use it to massage your scalp in a circular motion with a light hand.
- Wash it off later with a shampoo and a hair conditioner.
- Follow up with a hair serum.
- Blow-dry your hair.
- Use this hair oil once in a week to get soft, smooth, tangle-free tresses.
DIY orange hair and skin oil recipe
- Orange peels: peels of 3-4 tangerine oranges
- Alcohol: 150ml
- Cotton cloth: 1
- Airtight container: 1
- Peel 3-4 oranges.
- Keep it out in the sun so that the orange peels dry out.
- After that cut the dried orange peels into small pieces and store them in an airtight container.
- Pour some alcohol in it, shake it well and keep it in a dark room for about a week.
- Don’t forget to shake the container once a day.
- After a week, strain it out in a fresh container and place a cotton cloth and then close the lid of the container so that it can absorb the alcohol when it evaporates.
- Once that’s done, you can use the residue on your hair and skin.
- Us the orange oil twice in a fortnight to get the best results.