Are you worried because your hairstylist informed you that there is no way to get rid of split ends except for getting them chopped off at the salon? Worry not, I have listed down some of the most effective home remedies that will help you deal with split ends effectively. And guess what, you won’t have to get an inch of your hair trimmed and yet enjoy amazing results.
Coconut oil-castor oil concoction
- castor oil: a small amount
- Coconut oil: as much as required depending on the length of your hair.
- Mix a small amount of castor oil and coconut oil.
- I generally add 2tbsps of castor oil to my coconut oil bottle (250 ml).
- If you wish to add all three of them you could do that as well.
- Mix equal proportions of these oils (1 teaspoon each) to the regular oil you use.
- Make sure you oil your hair-ends well.
- Generally, hair ends that have split appear lightly colored than the rest of the hair.
- This mixture not only helps your hair grow but it prevents your hair ends from discoloring.
- Massage your hair & scalp with warm oil and wrap head with a shower cap and leave for overnight or for 8-10 hours if you have time.
- Wash it off with your regular shampoo.
- Follow up with a nourishing hair conditioner and a hair serum afterwards.
- To get the best results, use this mixture to oil your hair at least twice a week.
Hot water treatment to reduce split ends
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup boiling water
- Add both the ingredients in a bottle and close it tightly.
- Shake vigorously.
- Massage this mixture thoroughly into your hair from root to tip and cover with a shower cap.
- Leave for a ½ hour, then wash.
- Just be careful with your hands and head as the water is hot.
- Use this hot water hair treatment once a week to see a visible improvement.
Olive oil-egg hair mask to get rid of split ends
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Add all the ingredients in the specified quantities in a mixing bowl and whip it up into a smooth, lump-free hair mask.
- Massage on hair in thoroughly and then wrap head with a shower cap for half an hour.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Follow up with a nourishing hair conditioner and a hair serum.
- To reap the maximum benefits, use this face pack twice a week.
DIY papaya hair mask recipe to help you with split ends
- 2 big slices (2 small/medium slices) of ripe papaya
- half a cup of yogurt
- Peel the papaya.
- Remove the seeds of the ripe papaya and blend it in a blender.
- Add to it half a cup of yogurt and mix it until you achieve a hair mask with a smooth consistency.
- Apply thoroughly to your scalp and hair.
- Wash after 30 minutes with warm water.
- If you don’t have papaya you can use a ripe banana instead,1 ripe banana would do.
- Apply this hair mask twice in a fortnight to see a visible improvement.
DIY fenugreek seed hair mask recipe for smoothening split ends
- 1Tbsp of methi (fenugreek) seeds
- Half a cup of urad dal
- Half a cup of yogurt
- Grind 1Tbsp of methi seeds with urad dal to a coarse powder.
- Add yogurt in it and mix well.
- Apply generously all over the scalp
- . Apply thoroughly to your scalp and hair.
- Wash after 2-3 hours with warm water.
- Squeeze out the excess water from your hair strands.
- Follow up with a hair serum.
- Using it twice enough is good enough to help you get rid of split ends.
Honey hair rinse to keep split ends at bay
- 4 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Take warm water and honey into a container and mix it well.
- After you are done with shampoo and conditioning and rinsing, apply this mixture all through your hair.
- Do not rinse again.
- This mixture not only makes your hair soft and gives a shine to them; it also retains the moisture content in your hair so that your hair does not look dry or frizzy.
- This is a home-made leave-in serum/conditioner for your hair.
- Use this organic hair rinse twice a week to get the best results.
Fruit hair mask recipe to help you get rid of split ends completely
- Ripe papaya: 1
- Mashed banana: 1 cup
- Yogurt: 1 cup
- Add all the ingredients in the specified quantities in a mixing bowl.
- Keep mixing everything until you achieve a hair mask with a smooth texture and medium consistency.
- Comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb to make sure that it detangles properly.
- Take a generous amount of this face pack on your face pack applicator.
- Apply it evenly all over your split ends.
- Wear a shower cap to avoid this hair mask from dripping and staining your clothes.
- Keep it on for at least 30 minutes at a stretch.
- Rinse it off with plain water.
- Follow up with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
- Apply a hair serum afterwards.
- Blow-dry your hair.
- Style it the way you like the most.
DIY avocado hair mask recipe to get rid of split ends
- Mashed avocado pulp: 1
- Egg: 1
- Extra virgin olive oil: as much as required
- Crack an egg, add the mashed ripe pulp of avocado in it.
- Whip it up.
- Now add enough oil in this hair mask until you achieve a hair mask with a consistency that is slightly thicker than any store purchased commercial hair conditioner.
- Take a generous amount of this hair mask and apply it all over your hair.
- Keep it on for about 10-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Follow up with a shampoo and a nourishing hair conditioner.
- Use this hair mask once in a week to get rid of split ends.