Just like your facial skin, even your feet gets suntan and discoloration during the summer seasons. The only way for a happy feet is to offer a tan removal pedicure. You don’t have to rush to the parlors as you can do it easily at your home with a few ingredients.
In this article, we are going to see how to do a salon style tan removal pedicure at home.
Step #1: Remove the nail polish from your nails
To remove the nail polish from your nails, you will need
- Any nail polish remover and
- A few cotton pads
- Take a few drops of the nail polish remover in the cotton pads.
- Wipe the cotton on your nails until the nail polish gets removed completely without any stains.
- Clean your nails well using the cotton pad and you are good to go.
Step #2: Soak your feet in lukewarm water
To soak your feet, you will need
- 1 baby bath tub filled with lukewarm water and
- a few drops of any baby shampoo or castile soap
- Add a few drops of any baby shampoo or castile soap into the baby bath tub filled with lukewarm water.
- Stir the water solution well using your hands.
- Do not take too hot water as it will damage the skin in your feet.
- Dip your feet in the bathtub and leave it for 15 minutes.
- This will offer a great relief to intense feet problems and pain.
- Take your feet out from the soapy lukewarm water.
Step #3: Exfoliate your feet
- 1 pumice stone or foot brush
- Take the pumice stone and start rubbing it gently all over your feet.
- Focus rubbing more on the heel regions of your feet.
- Pumice stone will remove all the flaky skin, dead skin cells and foot calluses present it.
- Repeat rubbing your feet for 2 to 3 minutes and you are good to go.
Step #4: Trim your nails and remove the dirt
- 1 nail cutter with spatula
- Take the nail cutter and trim your nails based on the length you prefer for.
- Now take the spatula portion in your nail cutter and remove the extra dirt present at the corners and inner portions of your nails.
Step #5: Use the pedicure instruments on your feet
To use the pedicure instruments, you will need
- 1 cuticle pusher
- 1 dead skin fork
- 1 filer and
- 1 razor
- Take the cuticle pusher and press your over bulging cuticles gently.
- This will make your cuticles look even in your feet.
- Next, take the dead skin fork and scrape the thin metal edge against the nail slowly.
- Follow the same process for all your nails.
- All the dead skin cells in your nails will get completely removed from your feet.
- Using a razor is optional and you can remove the long hair in your feet is you have it.
- Gently slide the razor on the areas where you have long hairs.
- Now take the filer and shape your nails based on your preference and you are good to go.
- You can either shape your nails in the circular or rectangular forms.
Step #6: Use homemade feet scrub
To prepare the homemade feet scrub, you will need
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp of besan powder and
- 1 tbsp of sandalwood powder
- 1 cup of warm water
- Take a bowl and add equal amounts of sandalwood powder and besan powder into it.
- Use a spoon and mix the powders well.
- Take a tomato and cut it into two equal halves using a knife.
- Take one half of the tomato and dip it inside the besan powder mix in the bowl.
- Rub the tomato on your feet to scrub it on the areas where you have discoloration.
- After scrubbing your feet, squeeze the tomato extract directly all over your feet.
- Allow the tomato extract to be there on your feet for 5 minutes.
- Rinse your feet completely with warm water until the tomato extract gets removed.
Step #7: Use Anti-tan homemade foot pack
To prepare the anti-tan homemade foot pack, you will need
- 1 tbsp of white sugar
- 1 tbsp of coffee powder
- 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp of fresh lime juice and
- 1 baby bath tub filled with lukewarm water
- Take a clean mixing bowl and add all the ingredients into it.
- Use a spoon and whisk the ingredients well to make a fine foot mask with smooth consistency.
- Take a tadbit of the mask and apply it all over your feet.
- Gently massage your feet with the mask using your fingertips for 10 minutes.
- Put your feet into the bath tub filled with lukewarm water and rinse it well.
- Remove your feet from the water, pat dry your feet with a towel and you are good to go.
Step #8: Apply Homemade Foot Cream
To prepare the homemade foot cream, you will need
- 1/2 cup of unmelted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel
- 12 drops of peppermint or rosemary essential oil and
- 1 air-tight container
- Take a clean bowl and add all the ingredients into it.
- Use a spoon and whip all the ingredients well for a few times to make a smooth cream.
- Take a tadbit of the foot cream and apply it all over your feet.
- Prefer applying this cream every day before going to bed.
- Put the remaining cream into a clean air-tight container and store it.
Here are a few tips to take care of your foot.
- #1. Wash your feet very often with running water to prevent any infections.
- #2. Dry your feet well to avoid any fungal infections in between your toes and nails.
- #3. Change your socks and wash it every day to get rid of any bad odor in your foot.
- #4. Always wear the shoes which fits your feet properly.
- #5. Do not walk on roads or other public areas with barefoot.
- #6. Apply sunscreen to your feet while going out to prevent suntan and discoloration.
- #7. Prefer wearing slippers or shoes which covers your leg fully to stay away from suntan.