Salon Style Hair Spa At Home
May 21, 2021 Written by GP Team
The secret for a long, healthy hair growth could be the best hair spa you could offer to your tresses. A professional hair spa at salon can be quite expensive. But do not worry about the expenses as it can easily be done at your homes with a few kitchen ingredients.
In this article, we will see how to do a salon style hair spa at your home to get shiny hair.
Step # 1 Massaging
To do the hair massage, you will need
- 3 tbsp of Coconut oil
- 1 comb
- Take your comb and brush your hair well to divide it into small partitions.
- Apply the coconut oil all over your hair and scalp.
- Use your fingertips and massage your scalp and hair with the oil for at least 15 minutes.
- Allow the oil to stay on your hair for 30 minutes and your are good to go.
Step # 2 Steaming
You will need
- 1 big towel
- 1 bowl of warm water
- Take the towel and dip it inside a bowl filled with warm water.
- Remove the towel from the water and squeeze it well to remove the excess water.
- Wrap the warm towel around your head and leave it for 6 to 8 minutes.
- This will make the oil to get penetrated deep into the scalp and the roots.
- Remove the warm towel from your head.
Step # 3 Shampoo
To shampoo your hair, you will need
- Any mild paraben-free shampoo
- Take the shampoo and apply it all over your hair and scalp.
- Rinse your hair well with running cold water.
- Do not use hot or warm water for washing your hair as it could damage the roots of your hair.
Step # 4 Conditioning
To condition your hair, you will need
- Any mild paraben-free conditioner
- Take the conditioner and apply it all over your wet hair strands.
- Do not apply or massage the conditioner on your scalp as it can cause hair fall.
- Leave the conditioner to be there on your hair for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair thoroughly with cold water and you are good to go.
Step # 5 Hair Mask
To prepare this hair mask, you will need
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 raw egg
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor or a blender.
- Grind the ingredients to make your thick creamy hair mask.
- Take a tadbit of the mask and apply it all over your hair.
- Use your fingertips to massage your scalp and hair strands for a few seconds.
- Let the mask be there on your hair for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use tepid water and rinse your hair thoroughly to remove the mask.
- Wash your hair using any mild shampoo and dry your hair with a fluffy towel.
Here are a few hair care tips to grow thick, long and healthy hair.
- Make sure that your comb and towel are clean before using them on your hair.
- Brush your tresses regularly to make them free from any tangles and knots.
- Oil your hair and scalp for at least once a week regularly.
- Cleanse and wash your hair and scalp regularly to get rid of buildups and dead skin cells.
- Prefer using paraben and sulfur-free hair care products.
- Do not use the hot styling tools very often on your hair as it can damage your hair.
- Trim your hair regularly for once in a month to get rid of split ends and other hair damages.