Rice water boasts an abundance of vitamins (B1, C, E) and minerals that can effectively address various skincare concerns, including:
- Dark spots
- Crow’s feet
- Large pores
- Dull skin
Creating your own rice water face toner is simple. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- Storage bottle
There are two methods for making the rice toner:
- Rinse the rice in a colander to eliminate any impurities, then let it soak in a bowl for 15-20 minutes. Once the water turns cloudy and white, strain the rice and store the water in a bottle.
- Boil rice in a pot until the water achieves a thick, starchy white consistency. Store the resulting water in a bottle.
How to use it:
- Toner: Apply the rice water toner to brighten your skin and tighten large pores. Use it to cleanse your face both in the morning and before bedtime.
- Face mist: Mix the rice water with rose water for a refreshing face mist.
- Face mask: Incorporate the rice water into any face mask for added benefits.
- Cleansing water: Use it as a gentle cleanser for washing your face.
- Face ice bath: Create ice cubes with the rice water and immerse your face in a bowl filled with the water and some rice ice cubes in the morning to tighten your skin.
Keep in mind that the rice water toner has a shelf life of 5 days when refrigerated. If you have any suggestions or queries, feel free to share them in the comments below.