A night-time skincare routine with tretinoin can help to provide you with the clear skin you deserve with scientifically- backed anti-ageing treatment. Today in this post, we will share a step by step guide to include tretinoin in your routine with the right kind of other skincare products.
Tretinoin is a vitamin A-based retinoid used to treat acne and other skin diseases. It keeps skin pores clear and is used to treat fine wrinkles, acne, dark spots, or rough skin on the face. If you are new to this ingredient, let us tell you, patience is the key to get success with this ingredient.
- Always start with less strength, and do not use it every day. You can start with 2-3 times a week.
- Use this cream at night time only, after cleansing with a gentle non-soap cleanser.
- Let your face dry completely after washing. Never apply this cream on damp face.
- A pea-sized amount of tretinoin is sufficient for the entire face. Apply small dots of this cream all over your face and then spread it evenly on your face.
- After applying this cream you can apply your regular face moisturizer to avoid dryness.
- Next morning follow your CTM routine with gentle products. Avoid products that contain alpha or beta hydroxy acids.
- Finish your skincare routine in the morning with sunscreen.
When you are starting to use this cream, mild peeling and dryness is normal but discontinue this cream, if you get swelling on your face.
All mild side effects will settle down in the first 2-3 weeks of usage. After 3 weeks you can start to use this cream on a daily basis.