Onions are rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, and they also offer antimicrobial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory benefits. These properties make it a potential solution to alleviate
fungal infections that can cause dandruff
If you also wanna include onion in your hair care routine, you can try below diy
- Peel and chop three to four onions into small pieces.
- Extract the juice by squeezing or blending them.
- Apply the juice to your scalp using a cotton pad. Optionally, you can add a little lemon juice if you want to offset the
- smell of the onion.
- Massage it into the scalp, let it sit for an hour, and then rinse.
- Follow with a second cleanse of your usual shampoo.
Apart from onions, you can also its peel to cover grey hair
This might seem like a bluff, but you can actually colour and cover your greys in just a few minutes with this wonderful hack.
Just take 2-3 medium onions and keep the peels on a plate.
To make this natural hair colour, you need an iron pan or kadhai, heat it on medium flame and add the onion peels, keep tossing the peels on medium to high flame till the peels turn charred and black.
Turn off the flame, grind it into a smooth powder or just crush and strain it through a sieve.
You can mix this powder with aloe vera gel or hair oil and apply.
This quick diy hair dye can be a perfect fix for instant hair colour. However, with one or two washes this colour might fade away.