Morning And Night Skin Care Routine To Get Beautiful Flawless Skin
This might come as a surprise to you but your skin needs different kinds of care in the morning, as compared to the evening.
If you are on the edge of your seat, curiously wondering what they are, your curiosity ends here.
Today in this post, I am sharing my most favourite AM and PM skincare routine.
The AM Skincare Routine:
Step #1 – Cleansing Oil
To make your cleansing oil, you will need:
- 1 part castor oil
- 1 part apricot kernel oil and
- 1 part rosehip oil
- Take the castor oil, apricot kernel oil and rosehip oil in a clean bowl and mix them well.
- Massage this onto your face and cover it with a clean washcloth.
- Wipe the oil clean with gentle pressure. Repeat this treatment every day for the best result.
Oil cleanser helps in removing previous days leftover makeup and dirt.
Step #2 – Foam Cleanser
To make homemade foam cleanser, you will need:
- 2/3 cup distilled water
- 1/3 cup castile soap and
- ½ tsp jojoba oil
- In a pump bottle, add all the ingredients and shake it to mix them.
- Rinse your face using warm water and apply the cleanser on it.
- Massage for 1-2 minutes and rinse it off.
- Use a cleanser twice every day for best results.
The foam cleanser removes the dirt that is sitting on the surface of the skin.
Step #3 – Natural Toner
To make this 100% natural toner, you will need:
- 1 green tea bag
- 5-10 drops of tea tree oil and
- 1 cup of filtered water
- Fill a spray bottle with all the ingredients and shake well to mix them.
- Take a little amount of the toner on a cotton pad and apply it on your face as well as neck.
Toner helps in closing the pores and balancing the pH of the skin. It also helps to restore an even skin tone
Step #4 – Serum
To make this elixir for the skin, you will need:
- 3-4 tbsp organic aloe gel
- 1/2 tsp organic turmeric powder
- 5 drops pure turmeric oil
- 1 tsp pure argan oil
- In a dark glass dropper bottle, add all the ingredients. Shake well to mix them and it is ready.
- Take 2-3 drops of this serum on your palms and rub them to activate it.
- Apply this onto your face and massage till the skin absorbs it.
- Use a serum once every day to add a little extra care on your skin.
This natural serum is very effective even for the most problematic skin issues.
Step #5 – Moisturizer
To make your very own moisturizer, you will need:
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 1 cup of coconut oil and
- 10-12 drops of lavender essential oil
- Put all the ingredients in a jar and mix them really well.
- Apply this moisturizer on your face and neck. Massage well till the skin absorbs it.
- Use this moisturizer 2-3 times in a day for best results.
Moisturizer provides the skin with nourishment and helps in keeping it soft and smooth.
Step #6 – Sunscreen
To make a homemade sunscreen, you will need:
- 2 tbsp non-nano zinc oxide
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Shea butter and
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- Melt coconut oil and Shea butter, and mix it with other ingredients and pour it in a jar.
- Whip it using a hand blender until it turns cloudy.
- Massage it on your face and let the skin absorb it.
- Use it every day before stepping out.
Sunscreen forms a protective layer to prevent skin damage caused by harmful UV rays. It also works on wrinkles, fine lines and spots.
The PM Skincare Routine:
Step #1 – Cleansing
Water-based cleansers are a little stronger in terms of cleansing the face.
If you used any makeup on your skin then use oil cleanser before coming on this step.
The thing to note here is that, opt for a cleanser based on your skin type.
Make sure that it doesn’t irritate your skin or cause any redness.
If your skin feels tight and dry after using your water-based cleanser, you must switch it with something more moisturizing.
Step #2 – Serum
The best part about following a skin routine at night is that it comes with minimal steps.
After cleansing, you can directly jump onto the serum.
It is during the night that the skin goes into the repairment zone.
Using a serum before you go to sleep will provide the skin with nutrients to fasten the repair process.
Serums, however, are concentrated yet strong.
Always do a patch test before using one on your entire skin.
Serums tend to cause a tingly sensation which is normal.
It is because it quickens the blood flow leading to a faster damage repair.
Step #3 – Toner
The best hydration product when it comes to skin is a toner.
Most toner comes packed with antioxidant and humectants.
These repair the skin damage whilst moisturizing the skin.
When you start using a toner for your skin, you will immediately observe a difference.
Your skin will be less greasy the next day and will appear plumped.
To use, just take a generous amount of it on a cotton pad and apply onto your face.
Let the skin absorb its goodness.
Step #4 – Moisturizer
This step is extremely common in skincare but mostly done wrong.
People tend to pick up a moisturizer that smells good and start using them onto the skin.
However, with something that is so greasy, it is important to consider the skin type.
Someone with oily skin must stay clear of moisturizer with excess oiliness.
People with dry skin, however, should overload on moisture.
All you have to do is apply dots of moisturizer onto your face and massage till the skin absorbs it.