Many facial washes are soap-based and extract the most beneficial oils from the skin.
Over time, dry skin gets drier and oily skin overcompensates by creating too much oil, which can cause imbalances and underlying skin problems.
For all skin types, cleaning grains are suitable and gentle enough for everyday use.
- Besan or chickpea flour – 2 tbsp
- Rice flour- 2 tbsp
- Oats – 2 tbsp
- Licorice powder – 1 tbsp
- Cocoa powder– 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tbsp
- Firstly take 2 tbsp of oats and grind them in a food processor into a powder.
- Add 2 tbsp of besan to this.
- To this mixture, add 2 tbsp of rice flour.
- Now, add 1 tbsp of licorice, cocoa, and fenugreek powder each, and 1⁄2 tbsp of turmeric each.
- Mix it really well so that there are no lumps remaining.
- Transfer this to an airtight container that is clean.
- Make sure that otherwise, water does not enter the container; it will be spoiled.
- First, cleanse your face with some lukewarm water and pat it dry.
(Dry skin: Take 2 tablespoons of this powder, then add 1 tablespoon of milk or cream to the skin.
Normal skin: Take 2 tablespoons of this powder and add milk, honey, yogurt, or rose water.
Oily skin: Take 2 tablespoons of this powder and add the orange juice, lemon juice, or rose water.)
- Depending on the type of skin, apply this paste twice a day to your face and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Wash and pat dry with cold water.
Apart from removing dead skin cells, the exfoliative quality of besan, rice powder, and oats powder also clears blocked pores and prevents various skin inflammations such as acne, pimples, etc.
Although the powders help extract excess facial and body hair by gently pulling it out of the hair follicles, the presence of curd not only lightens the tan but also immediately gives a radiant glow to the face and body.
- Besan: Cleanses the skin and exfoliates it gently.
- Oats: Oats have properties that are anti-inflammatory. It involves saponins that extract dirt and oil from the pores without causing inflammation.
- Rice flour: The inherent anti-aging and oil-absorbing properties of rice powder make it ideal for skin resistant to oil and acne. It also has a micro-exfoliating property that naturally makes the skin smooth and fairer.
- Licorice powder: Keeps skin hydrated and moisturized. It also makes the skin lighter, making it fairer. Licorice is known for the lightening properties of the skin. And using this cleanser will help to remove the tan from your face quickly and naturally. This also helps to calm down the skin after a long and tiring day. It helps to moisturize and hydrate the skin. It also functions as a natural sunscreen and protects your skin from sun damage.
- Cocoa powder: Cocoa powder contains flavonoids that serve as skin antioxidants.
- Fenugreek powder: Fenugreek has properties that are anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. This is effective in reducing acne.
- Turmeric Powder: Turmeric has been used to treat different skin conditions as a beauty product for decades. It removes blemishes and scar marks effectively and is also helpful for skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.