A way of preventing grey hair is to dye your hair with indigo powder.
Indigo powder is made with indigo leaves, which means that the indigo powder is absolutely natural.
It is better to prepare an indigo powder paste for the hair than to prepare a henna hair pack.
Measure the amount of powder needed for your hair, since once combined with water; the indigo powder can not be stored for a second use. The normal measurements for short hair are 40-50 grams, approximately 80 grams for shoulder length hair, and approximately 150 grams for long hair.
- In a non-metallic container, add the appropriate amount of indigo powder – as a rule of thumb, glass bowls are the container of choice for the mixing of hair dyes.
- To form a thick paste, add warm water to it and mix well.
- Soak the mixture for 20 – 30 minutes, after which the indigo powder starts to release the colorant.
- As the dye will begin to accumulate on the corners of the bowl, you will know when to use it.
- Wear old clothes and cover the floor with old newspaper to cover the floor too. Indigo will permanently stain your clothes, carpets, and furniture, so be careful.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo thoroughly, then dry it naturally or with a blow dryer. You can use your daily conditioner and shampoo. The dyeing process would be much easier by this. Your hair can be a little damp; a little moisture is actually good for the dyeing process.
- Comb your hair and try to get rid of any knots or tangles.
- You would want to segment your hair into a couple of separate sections after you do this. This will make it less complex to dye your hair. The most famous way to cut hair is to create four distinct quadrants. Generate two divisions to do this. You should break your front and back hair first. You can then divide your hair into a section on the left and a section on the right. This will provide you with four different sections. Keep each segment in place using bobby pins or hair clips.
- Your hands could get dirty, and the indigo will end up looking blue. Prior to applying indigo, put on a pair of rubber gloves to prevent this. Gloves will do silicone, kitchen, or gardening. When you are ready to start the dyeing process, it is best to do this.
- Through a medium-sized mug, pour warm water.
- Sprinkle the powder with indigo.
- Wait ten to fifteen minutes or so.
- Until you make a textured sort of paste, mix this up.
- Apply the hair with indigo. Using your hands, spoon this on your hair. Put indigo on all the areas of your hair you want to darken.
- Make sure that the indigo keeps your hair warm and seeps into it. Therefore you can put a plastic wrap or shower cap on your head until you have coated your hair with indigo.
- For around an hour, you’ll want to keep your hair covered.
- Take off the wrap.
- Rinse the paste that is in your hair using cool or normal water.