How To Get Silky Hair, 5 Extremely Helpful Home Remedies
We all want silky and smooth, manageable hair.
Store-bought products contain too many chemicals, but we can easily achieve silky and smooth hair by home remedies.
1st Home Remedy
Get Silky Hair With Aloe Vera
- 1 tbsp aloe vera
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg white
- Use this DIY hair mask to get manageable, softer, and silky hair.
- From the aloe vera plant, remove the gel.
- Make sure you have enough to cover all the hair.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the white egg and combine well.
- Put it all over your hair and leave for 20 minutes to an hour.
- Wash your hair and use warm water to rinse it clean.
This remedy will perform better with fresh aloe vera from the plant, but you can use shop-bought aloe vera gel.
2nd Home Remedy
Get Silky Hair With Cornstarch
- 3 to 6 tbsp fresh coconut milk (depending on hair length)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
This is an amazing mask to use when you want shiny hair all day.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients but not the cornstarch.
- Boil about 7 tablespoons of plain water in a saucepan and transfer to a bowl.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- Stir until the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- You’ll get a soft gel-like hair mask.
- Take more if you have long hair.
- Apply it over your hair and scalp and tie your hair in a bun cover with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for about an hour and remove the mask with warm water.
- Wash your hair as usual.
3rd Home Remedy
Get Silky Hair With Olive Oil
- 2 or 3 egg yolks (you can add more or less depending on the length of your hair)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-6 drops lemon juice
- Take a bowl and whisk all the ingredients together.
- Use your hands to apply it to your hair.
- Make sure that the length of the hair and the ends are all covered.
- Leave it for 30 minutes to an hour. “To avoid” the scrumble egg effect, “wash with cold or lukewarm water.
In moisturizing and smoothing dry and damaged hair, the vitamins and fats that egg yolk contains are said to be important.
4th Home Remedy
DIY Hair Mask Without Egg
- 1 or 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- Blend the bananas and add the honey.
- You can use a food processor.
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply it all over the hair and scalp.
- Let it work for 20 minutes or longer if you have the time.
- Wash your hair as usual.
Bananas are great to revive dull hair and is the main ingredient for this hair mask.
5th Home Remedy
Get Silky Hair With Greek Yogurt
- 2 or 3 tbsp unflavoured Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 2 tbsp fresh aloe vera gel
- 1 egg yolk
- In a bowl and mix all the ingredients and apply it over your hair and scalp, and massage for about 5 minutes.
- Cover your entire hair and let the mask on from 30 minutes to one hour.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Take some sweet almond oil in the palms and rub it to slightly warm the oil, and apply it all over the length of your hair, emphasizing on the ends. Leave it overnight for an intense treatment.
- Mix half a cup of your regular conditioner with 1 tablespoon of double cream for a really fast way of adding shine and volume to your hair. Apply to the hair and leave for approximately 20 minutes. Using cold water, clean it off.
- Boil a handful of parsley in 2 cups of water for 5-6 minutes. Let it cool down and rinse your hair with it.
- Take care of the food that you eat. Eat food rich in antioxidants and proteins. Consume food-boosting keratin. Eat your greens, beans, and nuts. Vitamin E is particularly good for the health of your hair, so start munching on almonds, hazelnuts, and peanuts.
- Rinse your hair with cold water.
- Use a silk pillowcase or silk headscarf to add shine.
- Sleep on silk or sateen pillowcases.
- Use a hair heat protector spray.
- You can use an anti-frizz hair towel to dry your hair.
- Use scarfs and external protection and protect your hair from wind and UV rays.