Dark elbows are a common problem experienced by a lot of people. There can be many causes of this. People with dry skin tend to have darker elbows. Apart from that, there can be factors like hyper-pigmentation and the accumulation of dirt.
However, with the use of the following home remedies, you can get rid of dark elbows naturally.
Gram Flour Scrub
Gram flour is used in many facial masks to get rid of dull skin. Its granular texture helps to exfoliate the skin very well and remove dirt and dead skin cells. It is not drying on the skin and makes the elbows smooth. Curd helps to nourish the skin and lighten it.
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour
- 2 tablespoons of curd
- A pinch of turmeric
How to use:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl to obtain a smooth paste.
- Use this scrub to exfoliate the skin of the elbows.
- Use a circular motion and exfoliate for 6-7 minutes (for each elbow).
- Rinse using cold water.
- Use this remedy once every 2 days.
Coffee and Cold Cream Scrub
Coffee helps to exfoliate the skin and also contains cellulite which makes the skin firm. Cold cream will help t moisturize the skin very well and prevent dryness.
- 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds
- 2 tablespoons of cold cream
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- Mix the coffee grounds with brown sugar.
- Add the cold cream and mix well until you get a paste.
- Now apply this paste on the elbows and scrub each elbow for 5 minutes.
- Use light circular motions to scrub the skin.
- Wash using plain water.
- Repeat this remedy two times a week.
Lemon Juice and Baking Soda
Lemon juice helps to lighten the skin due to its natural bleaching properties. It also helps to remove dirt and makes the skin smooth. Baking soda exfoliates the skin and makes the lemon juice work more effectively.
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Mix the baking soda with the lemon juice to get a paste.
- Apply this mixture immediately onto the elbows.
- Allow it to stay for 5 minutes.
- Wash using normal water.
- Follow up with a light moisturizer.
- Use this remedy once a week.
Potato Juice and Orange Peel Powder
Potato juice helps to lighten the skin effectively. Orange peel powder contains several antioxidants. It has a light bleaching action on the skin.
- 5-6 tablespoons of potato juice
- 2 tablespoons of orange peel powder
- Mix the orange peel powder with the potato juice until you get a paste.
- Apply this paste on your elbows and let it dry.
- Once the paste has dried up, wash it using plain water.
- Follow up with a moisturizer.
- Repeat this remedy 3-4 times a week.
Aloe Vera Gel and Coconut Oil
Aloe vera gel helps to nourish the skin and also lighten it. It makes the skin soft while coconut oil also helps to hydrate the dry skin of the elbows and helps to get rid of pigmentation with regular usage.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Mix the coconut oil with the aloe vera gel.
- Apply this mixture onto your elbows and massage until the gel is completely absorbed.
- You need not wash your skin after this.
- Repeat this remedy once a day.