We all know anti-aging benefits of coffee for the skin. Caffeine stimulates blood flow and widens, or dilates, the blood vessels. This increases blood flow, which can help the skin naturally tighten.
For this DIY, you will need these ingredients
- Coffee Powder
- Gram flour
- Lemon Juice
- & Olive Oil
- First, in a clean bowl take 1 small spoon of coffee powder and 1 spoon of gram flour.
- In this add a tsp of turmeric powder.
- Now take 1 orange, grate its peel and this zest to your mixture.
- In this add 1 spoon of lemon juice.
- Finally, in this add 2 tsp of olive oil, mix it well.
- If it’s too thick, you can add more olive oil to this.
- Your DIY is ready.
- Apply this pack on your face, gently rub it for 2 minutes.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes on your face and then you can wash it off.
You have to use this treatment 2 times a week.
Dermatologists attest to coffee’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. In fact, coffee prevents free radicals from doing the damage they do to the skin cells. “Coffee helps in the lightening and tightening of the skin,” says doctor.
It helps reduce pigmentation and is often used to brighten skin or reduce the tan in facial treatments and as part of beauty treatments.
Also, since ground coffee is coarse, it helps strip away dead cells to reveal the soft skin underneath. In fact, Paltrow says on her website that using coarsely ground coffee with Turbinado sugar and olive oil helps you cleanse your pores.
To make your own coffee-laced exfoliant, first consider your skin type. Girls with oily skin should mix ¼ cup coffee grinds with yogurt (dahi) or besan.