Home Remedies To Eliminate Body Odor
Sweating is normal and safe, but nobody wants to smell bad every day.
If you want to reduce the smell of your armpits permanently, here are some home remedies that you should try.
1st Home Remedy
Tea Tree Oil
- 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- In a bowl, dilute the tea tree essential oil with plain water.
- Dab the solution directly on your underarms and other areas.
Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic, and its antibacterial properties are also well known.
Being an antiseptic, tea tree essential oil can help in removing off the bacteria and fungus present on our skin, which, in turn, prevents the occurrence of foul odor.
2nd Home Remedy
- 10 drops of peppermint oil
- 4 tablespoons of coconut or jojoba oil
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda
- A few drops of peppermint oil can either be added directly or mixed with water and sprayed on your underarms.
- You need to combine peppermint oil, coconut/jojoba oil, cornstarch, and baking soda if you wish to keep your underarms dry.
- Refrigerate and use this mixture as needed.
Peppermint has antibacterial properties and can often be used as an alternative to deodorants purchased from the supermarket.
Coconut oil is also antibacterial and helps kill the bacteria on the skin that are present.
The skin is kept dry and moisture-free by cornstarch and baking soda.
3rd Home Remedy
- 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- 250 ml of water
- Add the fenugreek seeds to the water and bring them to a boil until half the volume of water is reduced.
- Every morning, drink this on your empty stomach.
- You can drink this tea every morning to detoxify your body.
Fenugreek, being an antioxidant, flushes out all the contaminants from our bodies.
It also has antibacterial properties and prevents the further spread of any bacterial infection.
Thus, Fenugreek tea is believed to naturally combat body odor by treating its root cause.
4th Home Remedy
- 2 cups of tomato juice
- 1 bucket of warm water
- Add warm water to your bathtub and add tomato juice to it.
- Soak yourself in the bath and relax for 20 to 30 minutes.
- This is a process you can perform 3 to 4 times a week.
The acidic nature of tomatoes destroys the skin bacteria, while its astringent properties reduce pores and decrease the production of sweat.
4th Home Remedy
- A handful of fresh neem leaves
- 1 cup of water
- To create a fine paste, grind the neem leaves.
- Apply this paste to all the parts of your body that are prone to sweat.
- Leave it to dry and use warm water to wash it off.
- Alternatively, in water, boil some neem leaves.
- Strain the water in your bath and use it.
For better performance, the regular application is recommended.
Neem’s antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties help it kill the bacteria that cause the odor.
It also extracts from the body all the toxins, eradicating the root cause of body odor.