Gram flour or chickpea flour has long been used in India as both exfoliating and home-made beauty treatments to lighten and brighten the skin.
In India, Brides have historically been using a sesame oil massage followed by a body scrub made of gram flour, rice flour, almonds, milk, and turmeric as part of their wedding day rituals.
There are a variety of skin-brightening recipes that can be made easily at home.
- 1 tablespoon of gram flour
- 1 tablespoon of fresh milk cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey
- A few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients to form a paste and apply it evenly to your face.
- The mask will dry naturally, and after about 20 minutes, you can wash it off with warm water.
- Try this face mask every day for 3–4 weeks, and then maybe once a week.
- After you wash it off, you should add a little moisturizer or sunblock.
This smooth, creamy face mask is made from gram flour and milk cream.
It is ideal for people with naturally dry skin as it helps to moisturize and keep the skin hydrated.
Unfortunately, this mixture can not be stored for long, make a fresh batch every time you decide to use.
You should always make sure you keep it away from your eyes because it can irritate.
If you don’t have any milk cream, you should add the olive oil.
- 4–6 almonds
- 2 teaspoons gram flour
- 3 drops freshly squeezed lemon juice
- a teaspoon of milk
- To make the mask you need to soak the almonds overnight and peel off the skin before turning them into a paste.
- Mix the almonds paste with the gram flour and other ingredients to make a smooth mask that you can apply over your face.
- Leave it on for 15–20 minutes, allowing the ingredients to bleach the skin and wash it gently, wiping lightly.
This facial mask containing almonds and gram flour is perfect for removing tan and lightening the skin tone.
Your skin will also be cleaned and tightened.
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour/besan
- 2 tablespoons of raw milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of wild turmeric powder
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients well until the mask is well blended.
- Apply the mask all over your face and make a bight batch and apply this on your whole body.
- Keep the mask on for 20–30 minutes before washing with lukewarm water.
- You can also scrub off the mask while massaging it for a great exfoliating session.
This face mask is great for minimizing the pores, removing acne scars, removing the dead skin, and brighten the skin and a natural glow in the skin.
Adding turmeric to face mask is very effective for acne-prone skin and can help to lighten any acne scars, it can suppress the active acne but sucking the dirt and oil trapped inside the acne.
If applied on the body this will remove dark spots created by the sun and make the skin appear brighter.
Turmeric has been shown to suppress the enzymes responsible for producing melanin (dark pigment) in skin cells.
It is also an antioxidant and helps protect the skin against environmental toxins.