Winters are here and the one thing that suffers the most during this season is skin.
It tends to grow dry as well as damaged.
Chapped lips, flaky skin and a wrinkled under eye are some of the common skin problems during winters.
If you have already started experiencing these problems, you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will share some effective winter beauty hacks which will help you in surviving this chilly season with ease.
Use Oil Based Foundation
When we love makeup, seasons don’t matter.
However, during winters, you have to be extra careful while choosing the products.
- While matte in all seasons sounds amazing, it is important that you opt of oil bases during winters.
- This will ensure that you get the coverage that your face requires whilst adding hydration to it.
Exfoliate the lips
Lips getting chapped and peeling is the most common problem during winters.
Exfoliating the lips on a timely manner will help in keeping them soft and supple throughout the day.
- You can make your homemade exfoliator by mixing 1 tsp of sugar with 1 tbsp of honey and rubbing it gently on your lips.
- Rinse it off and finish by applying lip balm on it.
Add Face Mist to Routine
To keep our makeup looking fresh, we tend to use press powders on our skin.
However, it can get pushed deep into the pores causing them to dry out.
- The ideal option during winters is to use a face mist.
- A face mist will provide you with the dewy finish that you get using the compacts.
Cracked heels are trouble during winters.
The skin, especially of the feet, tends to go hard, rough and dehydrated.
- In a situation like this, it is important that you use thick moisturizers before going to sleep and cover your feet with socks.
- This will help in locking the moisture in and making the feet go soft and supple.
Add Sugar to Your Shampoo
Just like the rest of the body, the scalp tends to grow dry and damaged too.
It is important that you remove the dead skin in order to prevent scalp damage.
- To do this, just mix 1 Tsp of granulated sugar with your shampoo and massage using a circular motion for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water and towel dry hair.
Wash Face With Moisturizing Cleanser
- Throughout the year, you must have used your favourite soap cleanser. However, during winters, you should ditch them and use moisturizing cleansers instead.
- The moisturizing cleanser cleans the surface of your skin and removes both, makeup as well as impurities off it while maintaining hydration.
Ditch Hot Water Baths
- While the idea of using hot water to take a shower sounds tempting, you must avoid it at all costs.
- Hot water relaxes the body however, it also strips the natural oil away from the skin.
- This can leave it dehydrated and damaged.
- Opt for lukewarm water to shower instead.