Dark circles & puffy eyes go hand in hand.
Even though if you manage to reduce your dark circles because of using some beauty products, your eye area can still look tired and dull.
For this, you need something specific that not only lightens but also brightens your eye area.
Cucumber Cooling Eye Mask
- Vitamin E oil
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Grate half a cucumber and add around 5-6 drops of vitamin E oil.
- Then add a teaspoon of freshly squeezed aloe vera gel and start mixing until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Use the under-eye pack under your eyes and let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Do this every day.
- You can make a bigger batch and store it in the refrigerator.
- And apply the pack when it ods cool it will be more beneficial.
To reap the benefits of cucumber under the eyes, they help minimize swelling and contain vitamin C that specifically targets puffiness and dullness!
Vitamin E oil helps keep your eyes hydrated and decreases the free radicals that can cause crow feet, and aloe vera gel helps stimulate collagen in your eye region.
Vitamin E is an antioxidant, which ensures the free radicals present in your body are eliminated to minimize symptoms of inflammation and aging.
This helps to make your skin look safe and young.
You will get your daily vitamin E dose by consuming vitamin E-rich foods such as almonds, spinach, and sweet potatoes.
However, the only way to completely benefit from its effects is to use vitamin E oil in its concentrated form.
Cucumber And Mint Under Eye Cream
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and cut
- 10 – 12 mint leaves, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 3 tsp cold milk
- 3 drops essential almond oil
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1/2 teaspoon glycerin
- Mix the cucumber, and the mint leaves with a blender and move to the container.
- Add milk, aloe gel and almond oil, rose water, and glycerine and make a smooth paste.
- Apply an even layer under both eyes after washing the face in the morning.
- And every night after doing step 1.
- And leave it overnight.
Cucumber is filled with vitamin K that reduces capillary prominence and helps to minimize the visibility of dark circles.
Mint leaves are a treasure chest of antioxidants that effectively kill free radical toxins and, together with cucumber and aloe vera, impart useful astringent and cooling properties that remove puffiness and tone under the eyes.
Aloe vera possesses important antibacterial traits for the prevention of eye allergies and conjunctivitis.
Almond oil is filled with retinol, which stimulates the synthesis of collagen and keeps the skin under the eyes youthful and luminous.
Medical Treatments Available for Dark Circles
We all know that home remedies for dark circles have zero side effects and are much cheaper than branded under-eye care products available in stores. However, there are also medical therapies that can give you a more successful and lasting solution to the problem.
Chemical Peels: These peels modulate the amount of melanin found on the surface of the skin to remove dark circles.
Laser Treatment: In this treatment, the skin around the eyes is resurfaced by targeting pigmentation, which lightens dark circles and facilitates the production of collagen.
Blepharopigmentation: This is often called having a ‘medical tattoo’ when a dye is injected into the thinning region under the eyes to effectively eliminate dark circles.
Tissue Fillers: essentially, these fillers are used to mask prominent blood vessels and melanin under the eyes.
Fat Removal: If the under-eye discoloration is caused by excess fat and skin, it can reveal a smoother and evener surface of the skin by removing it.