DIY Turmeric Serum For Natural Glowing Skin
April 2, 2021 Written by GP Team
Turmeric is a golden spice that is a well-known skincare ingredient and is used as an ingredient in many skincare products.
In Ayurveda, it is long known for its effective skin clearing and brightening effect.
DIY Turmeric Serum
Firstly we will make Turmeric Oil:
- 2 cups extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons turmeric root, grated
- Pour the coconut oil over low heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add the freshly grated turmeric root as soon as it is melted and mix well.
- It is better to use fresh turmeric root because if you use normal turmeric, the chances of getting a yellow tint are high.
- Using raw turmeric root will not stain your skin much.
- Continue to mix and remove from the heat for a few minutes, then allow the mixture to cool to room temperature for a few minutes.
- Pour the turmeric-infused oil through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bottle.
- Keep it in a cool, dry spot.
- You may use this as an essential oil on its own, but the recipe below goes well with it.
Next, we will make the serums.
- 3-4 tablespoons organic aloe vera gel
- 5 drops turmeric oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vegetable Glycerin
- In a small mixing bowl, add the aloe vera gel and turmeric oil and mix well.
- Once well combined, add the vitamin E oil and add the vegetable glycerin, and again mix it well.
- Once all the ingredients are thoroughly combined, add the mixture to a dark glass dropper bottle.
- Store this serum in a cool, dry place.
- Now it is ready to use, use 2-3 drops on your cleansed face before bedtime.
Since turmeric oil has a subtle orange tinge, consider sleeping with a towel on your pillow, or simply use a pillowcase that you don’t care about.
- Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent which is widely used in treatments for minor cuts, wounds, pimples, and acne.
- It also has skin lightening properties that can help to remove blemishes and spots.
- Include your daily skincare routine with the aloe vera remedy for spot-free, flawless skin.
Aloe Vera Gel:
- Aloe vera has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties and is skin-friendly.
- It also acts as an adhesive and tightens pores.
- Aloe vera is an excellent moisturizer that helps to eliminate dryness and flaking.
Vitamin E Oil:
- It can soften your skin and rejuvenate it, and improve your skin tone. It promotes healthy skin, reverses symptoms of aging,
- If one shows signs of premature aging like wrinkles around the eyes.
- Vitamin E strengthens the nerves and helps nourish the inner skin.
- Glycerin is important as an anti-wrinkle substance to restore elasticity to the delicate eye region, to make the skin more supple and beautiful, and to restore proper moisture balance.
- Glycerin helps to prevent and reverse aging by providing moisture to the skin and establishing a protective moisture layer on the surface of the skin.
- Glycerin adds moisture to the surface of the skin and retains moisture in the skin. Due to this, the moisture in the skin increases the elasticity of the skin, and it helps to dissolves fine lines and wrinkles.
- It plumps the skin, regenerates fresh new skin cells, and decreases inflammation that can cause puffiness.