DIY Amazing Natural Sunscreen Using Green Tea
Green Tea contains a cocktail of potent antioxidants called catechins, which help fight damage caused by free radicals.In several scientific studies, green tea extract was shown to neutralize the damage done by exposure to UV rays.Green tea’s antioxidant effects may help prevent skin cancer.
To make Green Tea Sunscreen:
Pour 2 cups of water into a small saucepan.Bring the water to a simmer over medium heat,add 1/2 cup green tea leaves to the water. Allow the leaves to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the water through a colander. Keep the liquids and discard the used green tea leaves.Allow the liquid to cool completely.Wet a cotton ball with the liquid and rub it over your face and neck. Wash your face and allow it to dry before applying the green tea. Store any unused liquid in an air-tight container.
Repeat rubbing your face with the green tea sunscreen every morning.
(2) Green tea-aloe vera gel sunscreen lotion
- Zinc oxide powder: half a cup
- Extra virgin olive oil: half a cup
- Extra virgin coconut oil: 1/4th of a cup
- Beeswax: half a cup
- Green tea water: 3 teaspoons
- Aloe vera gel: 1 scoop
- Airtight mason jar: 1
- Add beeswax, cocoa butter and oils in a container and melt it using the double boiler method.
- Let it cool down.
- Add zinc oxide powder and green tea in a separate container and mix it well, break the lumps to make a smooth paste.
- After the mixture of cocoa butter and oils starts to solidify, add green tea-zinc oxide paste in it and keep stirring until it forms a white creamy textured sunscreen lotion.
- Transfer the contents in an empty mason jar.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Use this sunscreen after applying your moisturizer every day even if you stay at home to get the best results.
(3) green tea-avocado oil sunscreen lotion
- Green tea water: half a cup
- Shea butter: 2 tablespoons
- Extra virgin coconut oil: half a cup
- Avocado oil: 1/4th of a cup
- Zinc oxide powder: 2 tablespoons
- Tea tree essential oil: 4 drops
- Airtight container: 1
- Rosemary essential oil: 2 drops
- Beeswax: half a cup
- Add beeswax and oils in a container.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Once it cools down, add the essential oils.
- Give it a good stir.
- Add zinc oxide powder and green tea water, stir it again to mix it well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer the contents in an airtight container.
- Use this sunscreen after applying your moisturizer every day and top it up with a sunscreen compact.
- Use this sunscreen after applying your regular moisturizer every day even if you stay at home to protect your skin from the sun damage.
(4) Green Tea, Coconut, Raspberry seed, and Carrot seed oil Homemade Sunscreen
- Coconut oil: 1 cup
- Loose green tea: 2 tbsp
- Beeswax: 1/4 cup
- Red raspberry seed oil: 1/8 cup
- Shea butter: 1/8 cup
- Non-nano, uncoated Zinc Oxide: 2 tbsp
- Vitamin E oil: 1 tsp
- Carrot Seed Oil: 20 drops
- First of all, we need to infuse the coconut oil with green tea. To do that, first, melt the coconut oil using a double boiler method and utilize medium heat.
- After that, add in the green tea and mix it in by stirring.
- Then, cover the setup, turn the heat to low, and let the mixture simmer for about an hour.
- After that, strain the tea out using a cheesecloth.
- Then, leave the oil be so that it cools down. It should be almost solid.
- After that, whip it well for about 5 minutes so that turns to a creamy consistency. You have got the green tea infused coconut oil now.
- Now, again we have to use a double boiler. Add the infused coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax to it.
- After that, turn the heat to low until the mixture gets melted fully.
- Then, remove the mixture from heat and let it cool down for a couple of minutes.
- After that, add in all the rest of the ingredients but add the zinc last as it will thicken up the mixture quickly.
- Lastly, mix the ingredients together well by stirring. You have finished preparing this sunscreen. Store it in a jar in a dry and cool place and use whenever needed.
- Green tea certainly provides some sun protection but it is minor in the bigger scheme of things. It is actually zinc oxide which provides the real sun-protective benefits to this particular sunscreen. It is highly effective in shielding the skin from the harmful UVA and UVB rays from the sun. This particular sunscreen will have about 25 SPF due to the ratio of zinc oxide in this remedy. Moreover, both the carrot and raspberry seed oil provide great benefits to the skin along with commendable sun protection.
(5) Green Tea, Butters, and Oils based Homemade Sunscreen
- Green Tea: 4 tbsp
- Mango Butter: 1 tbsp
- Shea butter: 1 tbsp
- Avocado oil: 1 tbsp
- Jojoba oil: 1 tbsp
- Beeswax pellets: 1 tsp
- Vitamin E oil: 1/2 tsp
- Zinc oxide powder: 4 tsp
- Ylang ylang essential oil: 6 drops
- Vanilla essential oil: 6 drops
- First of all, you have to prepare green tea. To do that, first, boil half a cup of water and then let it cool down slightly for 5 minutes. Then, steep the green tea in it for about 5 minutes.
- Now, place all the kinds of butter and oils from the recipe in a double boiler for a few minutes to completely melt them into a mix.
- After that, add a tbsp of hot green tea to the oils and butter mixture and mix it in well by stirring and whisking thoroughly. Then, repeat this step three more times to add all 4 tbsp of green tea to the mixture.
- Then, add in the zinc oxide at this point and also mix it in properly in the same way.
- Lastly, you have to mix in all the essential oils to the mixture. You have got the sunscreen now. Store it in a container in a dry and cool place for future use.
- This one has an SPF of about 20. Although, remember that this remedy is not waterproof so always reapply in a couple of hours if you are out and about in the sun.
Green tea is a safe, effective and inexpensive ingredient available to make a homemade sunscreen ideal for the face. Green tea will also help prevent the skin on the face drying out, which will help prevent acne outbreaks.