Baking soda acts as a natural hair detox. The natural clarifying agent deep cleans the hair by gently removing buildup and giving you that squeaky-clean feeling you’re longing for. But before you go washing your hair with baking soda, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Using baking soda shampoo has many benefits. Baking soda contains no parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, diethanolamine, dyes, or fragrances like many shampoos on the market. Instead, it is made of a single, all-natural ingredient: sodium bicarbonate.
Baking soda is a basic substance that can neutralize acids, which is why it is useful for eliminating odors.
Additionally, it can dissolve dirt and oil residue, and is a gentle abrasive that can act as an exfoliant.”Unlike some hair products that leave a filmy buildup on the hair, baking soda clarifies and helps to keep your hair free of dandruff.
How to use baking soda as shampoo
You will need
- Baking soda powder
- Essential oil
- Apple cider vinegar
Steps To Follow
- Pour one part baking soda into a bowl.
- Mix in three to four parts water.
- Add few drops of essential oil
- To use in the shower, wet your hair completely, turn off the water, and gently apply the baking soda mixture from root to tip.
- Let sit for one minute before rinsing it out with water.
- Finish with ACV hair rinse to restore the pH balance of your hair and scalp and to add shine to your strands.