Getting even-toned skin, smooth texture, and a radiant complexion is everyone’s dream.
We fall for skin lightening and whitening creams in the search to make the skin tone.
If you’re searching for some natural homemade cream that can help lighten your skin, then this article is for you.
Skin whitening/lightening creams are simple to create and must have active ingredients that nourish the skin while lightening it.
- Shea Butter
- Licorice Extracts
- Red Sandalwood Powder/Regular Sandalwood Powder
- Vitamin E Oil/ Capsules
- In a bowl take a tablespoon of shea butter and melt it using a double boiler process.
- Once it is melted remove the melted shea butter from the stove.
- Add a teaspoon of red sandalwood powder or the regular sandalwood powder and blend well to produce a homogeneous mixture.
- Add a teaspoon of vitamin E oil or 4 vitamin E capsules and a few drops of licorice extract.
- Just give everything a good mix and store the cream to an airtight container.
- Apply this cream to the cleansed skin every night for better results.
Through the daily use of this cream, the skin will be nourished, hydrated, and moisturized.
Effectively lightens the skin color, removing both dark spots, blemishes, and irregular patches.
Shea Butter Benefits:
- Shea butter hydrates nourish and moisturize the skin, rendering it smooth and supple.
- It effectively nourishes dry patches and enhances the texture of the skin.
- High concentrations of fatty acids and vitamins make shea butter an ideal cosmetic product to smooth the skin.
- Shea butter has anti-inflammatory and soothing effects as well.
- Using shea butter on your body, particularly on your face, will treat, soften, and help heal your skin.
- Shea butter is a potent skin lightener due to its high concentration of vitamin E.
- It is useful for achieving even a skin tone, for coping with hyperpigmentation, and for lightening dark areas.
Licorice Extracts Benefits:
- The licorice root extract is used as a primary ingredient in many skin care products.
- It prevents the development of melanin and decreases dark spots to make the skin even more toned.
- An essential ingredient to make your skin whitening cream at home I highly recommend using this.
- A plant extract with skin-soothing properties.
- In addition, licorice root can be helpful in enhancing the appearance of an irregular skin tone.
- One of its ingredients, known as glabridin, is a potent antioxidant and skin-soothing ingredient, which is why liquor is often used in products intended for sensitive, irritated skin.
- And since sun exposure is the primary cause of skin discoloration, Liquorice also contains UV-blocking enzymes that help protect you from potential damage.
Red Powder Sandalwood Benefits:
- Red sandalwood powder provides adequate hydration along with the lightening of the skin.
- It efficiently removes blemishes and irregular spots, rendering the skin smooth.
- Just like standard Chandan, red sandalwood is also sold in powder form, but it’s a little rough.
- It is used mainly for skincare and beauty purposes.
- It is very effective in removing blemishes and in treating acne.
- It also helps to reduce sun tan and dullness due to its cooling properties.
- Sandalwood is considered to be healthy for your skin.
- While sandalwood (Chandan) is popular as a beauty cure, very few people know about red sandalwood.
- Rakta Chandana or red sandalwood is one of the finest ingredients for your skin.
Vitamin E Oil Benefits:
- Vitamin E Oil moisturizes, nourishes, and lightens the skin efficiently.
- Vitamin E oil is a nutrient and an antioxidant.
- Vitamin E is an oil-soluble nutrient and is thus heavier than water-soluble products.
- It restores the missing moisture, which is why it works best for the dry and damaged skin.
- Vitamin E prevents free radicals on the skin that are the result of everyday environmental stressors such as uncontrolled exposure to sunlight and air pollution.
- In the battle against free radicals, vitamin E helps protect the skin from damage.
- In addition, vitamin E has moisturizing and soothing benefits and helps to improve the role of the skin barrier.
- It’s essentially an all-around vitamin workhorse. Vitamin E is also a natural anti-inflammatory agent, so it can be calming and calm.