Vitamin C, also known as a strong ingredient, has antioxidant properties that can brighten and heal the skin from pollution, tanning, dark circles and keep it hydrated.
Vitamin C is responsible for producing and preserving collagen that keeps the skin together, making it appear smooth, firm, and youthful.
DIY Face Serum
- 2 teaspoons water or rose water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerine
- 1 Vitamin E capsule
- A dark, clean empty glass bottle with a dropper to store the serum
- Starting with the vitamin C powder in the glass bottle and add the distilled water or rose water to the glass bottle and shake well until the powder is fully dissolved.
- Add the glycerine to this, then.
- Add the vitamin E capsule and press the oil into the bottle.
- Shake really well and store the bottle in a cool position away from the light.
- There you’ve got it!
Your own serum of Vitamin C!
- Make sure you finish this serum within a week and discard the remaining serum and make a fresh sample!
- Cleanse and tone your skin at night and add a very small amount of serum, followed by a moisturizer.
- At first, expect a slight amount of tingling sensation.
- Apply the serum on alternate nights until the skin responds to the serum.
- If the tingling feeling persists even after two weeks of alternative night-time, discontinue use.
The use of vitamin C can make the skin sensitive to sunlight, so make sure you use a good sunscreen every morning.
Daily use of this serum can make the skin lighter and clear dark spots and even skin tones.
DIY Face Mask
- 1 tbsp orange powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dahi or yogurt
- Pinch of turmeric (optional)
- Peel your organic oranges and sundry the peels.
- After about 2-3 days, grind them to make a fine powder.
- Take a bowl, and add 1 tbsp of orange peel powder, add 1 tsp of raw honey, and 1 tsp of plain curd.
- Mix all the ingredients really well to form a mask.
- Lastly, add a pinch of wild turmeric.
- Pour some rose water as per the requirement and mix.
- Apply this mask to your clean face.
- Let the face mask dry for about 15-20 minutes and then wash with cold water.
Orange peel powder helps to prevent harmful UV rays from your skin.
Filled with citric acid, orange peel powder helps to lighten the skin tone. It acts as a natural bleach for your skin.
Orange peel powder helps to disinfect the pores of the skin by eliminating all the impurities.
This powder is known to treat skin conditions such as acne scars or facial markings.
It lightens up dark spots and blemishes.
Honey has moisturizing properties that keep the skin soft and smooth. Your skin begins to dehydrate, particularly during the summer season, if you don’t drink enough water or hydrate your skin.
Using raw honey on your skin is a perfect way to hydrate your skin.
Curd has a lot of fat that seals moisture in your skin and keeps your skin hydrated.
Curd also has lactic acid that exfoliates the skin and eliminates the dead skin cells.
It is also effective in treating skin issues such as pigmentation, skin dullness, and skin tanning.
Turmeric or Haldi has antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties that aid in the treatment of many skin problems such as pigmentation, aging, acne, among others.
Rosewater is one of the best beauty ingredients you can use on your skin.
It gives a natural and dewy glow to your face.
It has anti-inflammatory properties that aid in the treatment of problems such as skin redness, open-pore acne, among others.