Acne scars can be a great pain to handle, be it for teenagers or for adults, we tend to hide these scars with makeup, but due to irritants in the makeup we tend to get more acne and at the end worsen the hyperpigmentation, making our acne scars only become more prominent.
Acne scars are the result of inflammation of acne blemishes. When acne breakouts penetrate the skin deeply, they damage the skin and tissue beneath it leaving a scar. There are a few things you can do naturally, that can help you address your acne scars problem. Here are some home remedies, which is divided into 4 steps, Face scrub, Spot treatment, Face mask and Face serum, which if you follow can help reduce your acne scars and smoothen the rough texture and also add glow to your face. So lets start with the remedies.
Remedy #1. DIY Face Scrub
To prepare the acne scar removal scrub, you will need
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of tea tree oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey and
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
Procedure to make this scrub:
- Take a clean mixing bowl and add all the ingredients into it.
- Mix the ingredients well using a spoon to make a fine face scrub.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly with cold water.
- Take a tad bit of the face scrub and apply it all over the acne scars in your facial region.
- Use your fingertips to gently massage and scrub the face using the paste for 5 minutes.
- Allow the paste to stay on your face for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water, pat dry with a clean towel and you are good to go.
This face scrub will help in removing all the dead skin cells and other impurities from your facial skin.
It improves the natural colour tone of your skin and diminishes the visibility of the acne scars present in your facial region.
The ingredients used in this face scrub can prevent your skin from further acne effects by nourishing your skin with essential nutrients required for growth.
Remedy #2. Spot treatment for your acne scars
To do the spot treatment, you will need
- 1 tbsp of fresh aloe vera gel
- 1 vitamin E oil capsule
- Take a clean bowl and add the fresh aloe vera gel into it.
- Prick the vitamin E oil capsule using a needle and open it to pour the oil into the bowl.
- Use a spoon and whisk the ingredients well to make a fine paste.
- Before starting to apply, wash your face well with warm water, pat dry with a towel.
- Take a tad bit of the aloe vera paste and apply it directly on the areas where you have acne scars.
- Use your fingertips and massage your face with the paste for 5 minutes.
- Apply this paste before going to bed and leave it to dry on your face for overnight.
- Wash your face well with cold water after you wake up in the morning.
- Repeat doing this spot treatment every day regularly until the acne scar gets cleared from your facial skin.
Vitamin E oil has the ability to make the acne scars get diminished very soon from your facial skin.
This will also promote the overall health of your facial skin.
Remedy #2. Face Mask For Acne Scars
For this face mask, you’ll need
- 2 tbsp of Multani Mitti
- 1 tbsp of Curd
- 1/2 to 1 cup of fresh Tomato juice
Procedure to make the mask:
- Take a mixing bowl and add the multani mitti powder and fresh tomato juice into it.
- Mix the ingredients well using a spoon until a fine paste is obtained.
- Now add the curd into the fresh tomato paste kept in the bowl.
- Use a spoon and whisk the ingredients well to make a fine face mask.
- Do not add water into the paste as it might reduce the essential benefits present in the mask.
- Cleanse your facial skin well with running water and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply this mask all over your face and let it dry for 15 minutesn.
- Wash your face with running water, pat dry your face with a towel and you are good to go.
- Repeat applying this face mask at least 3 to 4 times per week regularly to get rid of all the acne scars from your face.
This face mask has many ingredients which could be highly beneficial for your facial skin.
These ingredients are capable of removing all the acne scars, dark spots and blemishes from your skin.
It could also make your skin to be free from any of the aging effects.
The fresh tomato extract helps to prevent discoloration in your skin regions and makes the acne scars to get removed completely from your facial skin.
Remedy #3. Scar Removal Face Serum
To prepare this serum you’ll need
- 2 Tablespoons of Jojoba Oil
- 1 Tablespoons of Argan Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Hempseed Oil
- 6 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 6 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 1 cotton pad and
- 1 Dark Colored Dropper Bottle
Procedure to make the serum:
- Take a dark coloured dropper bottle and add the jojoba oil, hemp seed oil and argan oil into it.
- Mix the oils well and add the other given essential oils into the dropper bottle one by one
- Close the dropper bottle and shake it well for a couple of times.
- Take a clean cotton pad and add 4 to 5 drops of the face serum mix into it.
- Cleanser your face well with water and apply the serum directly on the acne scars using the cotton pad.
- Gently massage the infected region using your fingertips for 2 to 3 minutes with the applied serum.
- Allow the serum on your face to dry for some time.
- Prefer using this serum twice every day regularly on your face.
- Apply this serum every day after waking up in the morning and during the night before going to bed to get effective results on your face.
- Store the remaining face serum in the same dropper bottle at room temperature. Keep bottle away from direct sunlight
- Do not apply the oil on sensitive regions like eyes, ears and lips.
All the essential and natural oils used in this face serum are capable of making your face to get rid of acne scars and get an even skin tone.