We all know this very well that treating acne takes a lot of care, attention, and patience, but it’s those stubborn scars that take even more time to fade away.
Don’t worry, and we’ve handpicked this home remedy to help you get rid of acne scars at home!
- 1 tablespoon of orange peel powder
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon wild turmeric powder
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh yoghurt
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
- If you feel that the mask is too runny, you can add a little bit of gram flour as per the liking.
- Once the mask is ready, pull your hair back and wash your face.
- If you don’t have a lot of active acne, it’s good to do exfoliation and steam before applying this mask.
- This will just increase the effectiveness of the mask.
- Now apply on your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- And then wash your face with some lukewarm water and follow your skincare routine.
- Do this 2 times in a week, and you’ll see your acne scars will fade your skin will become even-toned.
Turmeric eliminates excess oil and opens clogged pores that cause acne and pimples.
The anti-inflammatory properties minimize acne inflammation, and the antibacterial properties destroy acne-causing bacteria.
Vitamin C present in turmeric lightens dark spots and patches and preserves firmness and tautness of the skin by building up collagen.
It has cell regenerative properties that make scars and other skin damage less noticeable, rendering the skin smooth and clear.
Curd contains lactic acid, which moisturizes and nourishes dry skin.
The zinc component present in curd slows down aging and decreases wrinkles and fine lines.
It helps to treat rough, flaky skin and even brightens the dark skin.
It eliminates dark spots and acne marks and lightens the discoloration of the skin.
It contains vitamin B2, which promotes new and safe cell growth.
Lemon is excellent for removing dead skin cells.
Vitamin C and citric acids in the lemon help to minimize hyperpigmentation and to avoid inflammation.
Aloe and Lemon also have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help to cure the acne and other vitamins that help to hydrate the skin. Lemon contains vitamin C, which reduces the appearance of dark spots, scars, and other types of sun damage.
This helps to improve the safe development of collagen, which causes firmer skin.
This fades red post-breakout marks by enhancing the natural healing response of the skin.
Lemon juice works well for lightening pigmentation, lesions, and acne spots.
They are considered natural bleach for the skin.
Enzymes in raw honey lighten, hydrate, and nourish the skin and keep pores open and clean.
Plus, the antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of honey avoid bacterial build-up that can lead to skin imbalances and break-ups.
Honey is said to lighten the skin, and its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial compounds help to minimize the appearance of wounds and improve healing and tissue regeneration.
The hydrating properties of the honey help to revive the skin cells, while routine, gentle massage improves the circulation to help the skin recover and the cell turnover.
Vitamin E present in Aloe Vera is absorbed deep into the skin and aids in the healing of pitted acne scars.
Polysaccharides, gibberellins, and glycoproteins found in Aloe Vera have properties that promote skin growth and repair and are known to stimulate cell growth, help speed up wound healing and even combat acne scarring.
Orange peel contains retinol, which serves as a natural exfoliant that helps to rejuvenate skin cells. It helps to reduce acne scars.
It also helps to heal damaged skin by improving the synthesis of collagen and controlling sebum secretion.
This is one of the better homemade acne face masks.