Amazing DIY Sugar Scrubs To Get Rid Of Acne Scars At Home
Not only does sugar sweeten your desserts, but it can also be used as an amazing ingredient for beauty.
This wonderful sweetener softens the skin, exfoliates it, and like nothing else, refreshes it.
Brown Sugar And Coconut Oil For Acne
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 2-3 drops essential oil of your choice
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients in the given proportion.
- Apply it to your wet face and scrub in a circular motion for 10 minutes.
- Wash off.
Brown Sugar And Coffee Grounds Scrub
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup coffee grounds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except the oil.
- Add the coconut oil at the end.
- Adjust your quantity to get thick paste sand-like consistency.
- Apply it to your wet skin (both face and body) and scrub gently in a circular motion.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
Brown Sugar And Lemon Scrub
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Take a bowl and squeeze the juice of the lemon.
- Next, add brown sugar, olive oil, and raw honey and mix all well.
- It should be of medium to a thick sand-like consistency.
- Apply the scrub to your wet face and neck and massage gently with your fingertips for 2 minutes.
- Leave it on for another 5 or 10 minutes and then wash it off.
Brown Sugar Exfoliating Scrub
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon regular oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of carrier oil (you may use organic cold-pressed coconut/jojoba/almond/olive oils)
- Add the oatmeal and brown sugar in a mixer and make a fine powder.
- Take a bowl and mix and stir well with all the ingredients.
- Wet a little bit of your face and then apply the scrub.
- Massage gently for 5-10.
- Wash your face.
Tips And Precautions For Using Sugar Scrubs:
- Never scrub a small area too forcefully or over-scrub it. This will damage your skin.
- Aggressive exfoliation can cause your skin to have dark spots.
- When using essential oil in your scrub, be careful.
- Never use more than the prescribed number.
- Do a patch test to see whether it fits your skin or not before you use the essential oil on your skin.
- If you have acne-prone skin, then less frequent use of scrubs is better.
- Scrub mildly and put tea tree oil in your scrub using ingredients that are not too abrasive on your skin (avoid coffee grounds).
- Stop using a scrub more than once a week if you have acne-prone and sensitive skin.
Brown Sugar Scrub Benefits
1. It’s Rich In Antioxidants
A study claims that brown sugar can remove free radicals that are harmful.
Its antioxidant properties are given by phenolic and volatile compounds.
2. It Contains AHA
Rich in Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), cane brown sugar is rich.
This compound can enter the skin, and the compound that binds the skin cells can break down.
This facilitates the regeneration and rejuvenation of cells.
3. It Exfoliates Your Skin Without Damaging It
There is much softer brown sugar than white granulated sugar.
So it exfoliates the skin gently without hurting it.