Fenugreek is an amazing ingredient when it comes to hair care, Fenugreek seeds are a rich source of iron and protein and also contain some amazing plant compounds like flavonoids and saponins, which help immensely in reducing hair loss, inducing hair growth, healing itchy and flaky scalp and thus reducing dandruff. Here are two amazing home remedies using fenugreek which are simple yet very effective and can work wonders for hair growth.
DIY Fenugreek seed hair mask recipe:
- Fenugreek seed paste: 1 teaspoon
- Pure coconut milk: 2 teaspoons
- Take 1 teaspoon of the fenugreek paste.
- Add 2 teaspoons of coconut milk to it.
- Apply it all over your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Use your nourishing hair conditioner.
- Wrap your hair in a cotton t-shirt and allow it to soak in the excess water.
- Apply a hair serum.
- Blow-dry your hair.
- Comb and style your hair the way you like it the most.
- Use this hair mask twice a week and you are good to go.
DIY Hair oil recipe to accelerate hair growth
- Extra virgin coconut oil: 1 liter
- Mustard seeds: 1 tablespoon
- Fenugreek seeds: 2 tablespoons
- Cloves: 8
- Grated Indian gooseberry/amla paste: 7 tablespoons
- Grated onion: 1
- Freshly plucked henna leaves: a handful
- Freshly plucked hibiscus leaves: a handful
- Hibiscus flowerers (red and orange): 20
- Freshly plucked Holy basil/ tulsi leaves: a handful
- Freshly plucked Brahmi leaves: a handful
- Freshly plucked curry leaves: a handful
- Durva grass: 15 sprigs
- Take a pan, add a liter of coconut oil in it
- Bring it to boil on high flame, add all the ingredients one by one.
- Keep stirring and adding all the ingredients simultaneously.
- Boil until everything turns black in color.
- Run the concoction through a sieve to extract the hair oil infused with the goodness of all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Allow it to cool down.
- Your hair oil is now ready to be used.
- Transfer the contents in an airtight container.
- Comb through your tresses before using this hair oil.
- Take a generous amount of this hair oil on your fingertips and gently massage it in your scalp.
- Let it stay overnight.
- In the next morning, rinse it off with a mild, organic shampoo.
- Follow up with a nourishing hair conditioner.
- After washing it off, wrap your hair in a cotton-T-shirt and let it soak up all the excess water.
- Blow-dry your hair.
- Comb and style your hair thet way you like it the most.
- Use this hair oil once in a week and you are good to go.
You can use the hair mask and the hair oil that we have suggested, apart from that, follow these hair care tips regularly if you want to look your best and want smooth, shiny and tangle-free hair.
- Use a heat protectant hair spray before using any hair styling tool on your hair. Most of us tend to grab a hair styling tool and use it immediately without using a heat protectant spray. It damages your hair and your hair becomes thin and brittle. Ideally, you must keep away from heal based hair styling tools but still if you want to use it then make sure that you take the precautions.
- Trim your hair once in a month. This may sound a little awkward to you if you want long hair, but still, it is best to get your hair trimmed once in a while so that you can get rid off split ends easily.
- Don’t use shampoo too frequently, use it twice a week and you are good to go. If you apply shampoo too often, then it will disturb the pH balance of our scalp leading to more hair fall.
- Always follow up with a hair conditioner to make sure that your hair is moisturized. Shampoo just cleans your hair and scalp, but a conditioner locks in the moisture to make your hair soft and shiny.
- Stay away from hair gels and hair fixing sprays, these products are loaded with alcohol and is harmful to your hair. Even if you use these products, rinse it off with a mild shampoo the very next day to avoid any excess product build-up.
- Use a natural hair mask every wee, you need not stick to one hair mask only, use any hair mask of your own choice and you are good to go.
- Indulge in an intense hair care regime at least once in a month, leave it on the professionals to decide what is best for your hair. Deep conditioning and hair spa.
- Eat healthily and stay away from oily and processed food items. They are not bad for your skin but also spoil your overall health. If you want long, healthy and shiny hair then do not consume these food items at all.
- Do not apply hot water on your hair, always apply cool water and if the weather is too chilly then you may apply lukewarm water. Hot water dries up your hair and makes it dry and rough over time.
- I am sure that you apply sunscreen lotion on your face, but do you know that you must also apply sunscreen on our hair to protect your hair from the sun. If you do not own sunscreen for your hair then buy one for yourself without wasting any more time. Alternatively, you can cover up your hair with a scarf whenever you are stepping out to minimize heat damage.
- Do not comb your hair when it is wet, especially if you are going through a lot of hair fall. Your hair follicles tend to become very weak when wet, and it comes off easily if you pull or tug your hair strands.
- If you are still using the old and bulky towel to dry your hair, then give it a second thought, it only pull and tugs your hair and it does not help to dry your hair. Use your old t-shirts to dry your hair for a better experience.