5 Super-Effective DIYs To Get Rid Of Oily Skin
August 5, 2021 Written by GP Team
Having the perfect skin is what everybody desires. It not only just improves the overall appearance of a person, but it also indicates that the skin is functioning properly. Excessive sebum excretion from the sebaceous glands makes the skin oilier making it a breeding ground for bacteria and other viruses. Other factors for oily skin are puberty, excessive stress, pregnancy, hormonal changes, etc. but you can get rid of the oily skin using these simple home remedies:
Yogurt and Honey
- Grind a cup of oatmeal to make a fine powder.
- Add the oatmeal powder to a mixture of equal amounts yogurt and honey. Mix the ingredients fully to make a mask-like texture.
- Rub this mask on your face for around five to ten minutes.
- Rinse off the mixture using lukewarm water.
- You can store this mixture in the refrigerator and use it anytime you want.
- Orange Peels
- Raw Milk
- Peel a fresh orange and cut the peelings into very small pieces.
- Pour a bit of raw milk into the orange peels to make a paste-like solution.
- Apply this paste on your face half an hour before going to the shower.
- Raw milk and orange peels help in opening the skin pores and clearing out the trapped oil from it.
- You can also use dried orange peels if fresh oranges are not available.
- Separate the yolks from two eggs and put the egg whites in a big bowl.
- Whip the egg whites until they form a creamy and frothy solution.
- Rub the whipped egg white solution over your face carefully so that every corner is covered and avoid the eyes.
- The frothy solution is full of air which eventually gets out after 20 or 30 minutes leaving a little transparent layer over the face.
- Wash your face using warm water thoroughly to remove all the residual egg stains.
- You can also add a couple of drops of any essential oil to mask the smell of eggs.
- Facial Clay
- Witch Hazel
- Lemon juice
- Cypress Oil
- Make a mixture of a tablespoon of facial clay and two tablespoons of witch hazel.
- Put a couple of drops of both lemon juice and cypress oil into the mixture. It would help in mixing the ingredients together and give a pleasant aroma.
- Thoroughly knead and blend the mixture to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste as a mask over the affected area and leave it for 10-15 minutes to dry.
- Wash off the mask using cold water.
Apple and Cucumbers
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Grate a peeled apple to obtain very small shreds.
- Mix these shreds with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this apple solution on your face and then put some sliced cucumbers over it.
- Leave your face like that for around 20 minutes before removing the cucumber slices.
- Rinse off the apple face mask using lukewarm water or by taking a shower.