When it comes to skin, it is a must to follow a proper routine.
This helps in protecting it from damage whilst remaining healthy.
If you are looking for a step by step method to keep your skin looking perfect, look no more.
In today’s article, we will be sharing with you the 5 essential skincare routine that you must follow to get a skin that’s glowing and spotless.
Cleansing is the first and foremost step when it comes to skincare.
Before applying anything on your skin, you must remove all the impurities off it.
There are different skin types, therefore, you should choose a cleanser which suits your skin type.
- For someone with oily skin, a gel-based cleanser or a foam cleanser will work best.
- If you have dry skin, we recommend using a moisturizing cleanser instead.
- You can also opt to make your cleanser by mixing 3 tbsp milk with 1 Tsp of orange peel powder.
- Apply it on your skin, massage in a circular motion and rinse it using cold water.
- You can use this cleanser twice every day for best results.
Most people skip this step and directly jump to moisturizing.
However, you must use a good amount of toner on your skin.
A toner helps in hydrating the skin while balancing the pH.
You can choose from the endless options available in the market or you can make one at home.
- Just mix a handful of mint leaves with 1 cup of boiling water.
- Let it cool and store it in a dark place.
- Just spritz some on your face and let your skin absorb it.
The serum is the most crucial element when it comes to daily skincare.
Everyone faces some or other skincare problem and serum is what helps in treating them.
They target the problematic zone and its formula repair it for spotless skin.
- For a rejuvenated skin, mix 10 drops of Frankincense oil, 10 drops of Tea Tree and 10 drops of Lavender.
- Mix them well and using a dropper, apply it on the skin.
- Massage until the skin absorbs it.
- You can use a serum twice, once in the morning and once before going to sleep.
Moisturizing the face helps in adding nourishment and hydration to the skin which makes it healthy.
It also helps in holding the moisture in and locking it for skin repair.
- Mix 1 teaspoon honey, 2 teaspoons glycerin, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons green tea.
- Apply some on your skin and massage in a circular motion.
- Use a moisturizer whenever your skin feels dry.
This is the last yet the most important step when it comes to skincare.
With the increasing global warming, the UV rays from the sun are damaging the skin.
Applying a generous amount of sunscreen protects the skin from this damage.
Opt for a sunscreen that is SPF 50++ for the best protection.
- To make your sunscreen, mix 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4th cup coconut oil and 1 tsp of raspberry seed oil.
- Melt 2 tbsp of shea butter using the double boiler method and mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Once cooled, scoop some and apply it to your skin.