PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a disorder in which women develop small cysts in their ovaries.
It is not a severe or dangerous disease, but it induces hormonal changes in women.
Multiple cysts on the ovaries contribute to excessive hormonal development, in particular, of androgen, which contributes to male behaviors, both internally and externally.
Symptoms tend to differ from person to person.
Some have excessive facial or body hair, while others lose their hair. Some people feel slow, experience acne and mood changes, and suffer from erratic periods.
A lot of people gain weight and find it hard to lose it.
Fenugreek or Methi
- Fenugreek Seeds or Methi Dana
- Take 1 tablespoon of fenugreek in 1 glass of water and soak them overnight.
- Next morning drink the soaked water along with the fenugreek seeds.
- Make sure you chew them nicely.
The explanation behind PCOS is the inability to use insulin in tissues that lead to increased testosterone in the body.
This also causes obesity and complicates the health of women suffering from PCOS.
Fenugreek seeds are potent insulin regulators that help to normalize levels.
You must have learned about fenugreek weight loss benefits, so eating fenugreek or methi seed is perfect for PCOS as well.
- Honey (optional)
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup of water to this add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and boil it for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain in a cup and add honey if you like to drink it sweet.
- For added benefits, you can add 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger too.
Cinnamon is one of the best spices that not only improves the taste of food but also promotes various conditions, including PCOS.
Cinnamon has blood sugar regulation properties by reducing the body’s insulin resistance.
There are several studies describing the role of cinnamon in raising the probability of conceiving. If you have PCOS, use cinnamon on a regular basis.
- 1 cup Flaxseeds
- 1 Lemon
- Salt to taste
- You can simply dry roast the flaxseeds on a pan and eat them, but if you want to enhance the taste, you can follow this recipe.
- In a bowl, add flaxseeds, squeeze the juice from 1 lemon and add salt to taste.
- Mix everything well and keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Now take a pan and heat it next, add this flaxseed mixture, and dry roast it.
- Then once one wait for it to get cool down and transfer and store in a container.
- Add it to your cookies, smoothies, etc.
- Some people don’t like flaxseed; they can mix linseed powder with water or milk and drink.
- You can also make them powder and sprinkle some of your dosa, add to your regular wheat flour, etc.
- You can also eat flaxseed oil, but it is best to ask your doctor if it is he
- Eat this daily.
Potent in Omega-3 and dietary fiber, flaxseed helps manage the side effects of PCOD and PCOS.
It also supplies an antioxidant in the body known as lignan, which is known to control the production of oestrogen in the body, promote good fertility, and control menses.
Studies have shown that daily consumption of linseed can reduce the existence of follicles, as well as smoothen the menstrual cycle.
These have recently become famous due to their health benefits.
Eating flaxseed helps to control insulin in the body by utilizing glucose, thereby reducing the side-effects of PCOS.
Holy Basil or Tulsi
- 1/2 cup Tulsi Leaves
- 2 teaspoon Gur(jaggery)
- 5,6 black pepper (crushed)
- 1-inch ginger
- 3 cup Water
- Boil the water in a saucepan, add the black pepper, the ginger, the tulsi leaves.
- Boil the water on a low flame for 10,12 minutes and add the jaggery. Turn off the gas until the jaggery dissolves.
- Once the jaggery is dissolved, strain it in a cup and drink it warm.
- Now our Kadha is ready to be served.
Is there any health problem for which Tulsi or Holy Basil can’t help?
- This wonderful herb or plant has outstanding benefits.
- Apart from cough, cold and seasonal infections, this herb can also help to manage PCOS.
- Tulsi can stabilize insulin levels and control androgens to improve the ovulation process and enable women with PCOS to conceive.
- There are many ways to eat holy basil. In the day, you should chew 10-12 leaves.
- Either way, it helps to manage your health without having the side-effects that medications can do.
- 1 lemon, washed, sliced thin, seeds removed
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 cup nearly boiling water
- Apply the lemon and ginger to the bottom of your favorite cup.
- Add the hot water to the cup.
- Stir in the honey as you wish. Enjoy it!
* Temperature Note: the addition of raw honey to boiling water will signify some of the most important health-promoting properties.
When cooking this recipe, wait until the water is cool enough to drink comfortably before stirring in your honey to ensure that you reap all the benefits of your health.