Wrinkles and dark spots under the eyes make a person look older than they are actually. Apart from being a beauty hazard and zapping your confidence in front of people, wrinkles under the eyes are an indication that your body is not getting the amount of sleep it requires. First, get a good night’s sleep and then follow these home remedies to get rid of the wrinkles:
- cotton eye masks
- Finely grate a potato in a bowl.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey in the bowl and make a fine paste of potato and honey.
- Take two cotton eye masks and spread the paste over them.
- Place these eye masks on the eyes and let them rest for half an hour at least.
- After removing the eye masks, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process once daily to remove the wrinkles under the eyes.
- Brown sugar
- cotton ball
- Mix two tablespoons of brown sugar in a quarter cup of warm milk.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly to make a thick paste and then set it aside to cool down.
- Using a cotton ball (or your finger) gently apply the paste near your eye region, avoiding the eye of course.
- Apply the mask for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process daily after waking up in the morning.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolk of 3 eggs and place them in a bowl.
- Beat the egg whites till they start becoming frothy and full of air.
- Apply this egg white under your eyes and near the region in an upward motion.
- Leave this egg white solution to dry for 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water and then pat it dry with a towel.
- Cut three slices of avocado and then mash it in a bowl just like we did in the potato remedy.
- Add some drops of almond oil to the mixture to bind it.
- Keep mixing and mashing until a creamy paste is formed.
- This paste can be used as an eye mask to treat wrinkles.
- Apply this mask around the eyes for 15-20 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
- Repeat this process once daily to get rejuvenated skin.
Ginger and Honey
- Peel ginger completely and cut it into very small pieces.
- Grind or mash these pieces to extract ginger oil, at least a tablespoon.
- You can also use store-bought ginger extract but make sure it is pure.
- Mix a tablespoon of ginger extract with tablespoon of honey in a small bowl.
- The texture of both the liquids will the mixture pretty thick.
- Apply this mixture near your eyes and let it settle for one hour.
- Wash off the paste using lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process once daily before going to bed.