Potato is a super food for your skin. It has multiple benefits, ranging from tan removal to reducing acne scars.
Potatoes are extremely rich in vitamin C which is known to make skin brighter, heal sun damage, remove dead skin cells, and diminish fine lines.
They also contain an enzyme called catecholase which can help you deal with hyperpigmentation.
Today in this post, I will share some of the DIYs, where you can include potato in your skin care routine.
Remedy#1 – Treatment For Dark Spots & Hyperpigmentation
- To make this, first take 1 medium size potato. Peel and grate it.
- Now squeeze this grated potato to get juice out of it
- In this juice add 1 spoon of gram flour, and 1 spoon of liquorice powder
- Next in this add pinch of turmeric powder
- At last add 1 tsp of honey and 1 tsp of aloe vera gel.
- Mix everything well and your DIY is ready
- Apply this pack all over your face, leave for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse it off with cold water.
This DIY is also effective to get rid of under eye dark circles.
Remedy#2 – As Skin Brightening Face Pack
- Grate half a potato, and mix it with 1 tablespoon of gram flour, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply this mask on your clean face for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with luke warm water, and you’re done!!
Remedy#3 – As Gentle Face Scrub
To make this scrub we will add milk and oatmeal, in potato.
Oatmeal is a gentle exfoliator and will enhance the effects of potato.
Milk contains lactic acid which will also strengthen the exfoliating effects of this face scrub while the fatty acids in it will ensure your skin stays moisturised to counter the drying effect of exfoliation.
- First take half peeled potato, grate it.
- In this add 1/2 tsp of oatmeal, and 1/2 tsp of milk.
- Mix and your scrub is ready.
- Scrub your face gently with this mix for 8 to 10 minutes before washing it.