Our eating habits not only influence our health but our body shapes and eventually our personality too, due to bad eating habits many suffer from obesity and big bellies, while they don’t know that small changes in their eating habits can effectively reduce the belly. Here are 5 highly effective eating habits that will help you to reduce your belly fast.
1. Eat small portions and frequently: Most of us eat 3 times a day and mostly they are very heavy meals, be it aloo ke paranthe for breakfast or chicken biryani for dinner, but that usually hurts our body metabolism adding up more fat around our belly’s. We should be eating small portions but more often, that helps our body metabolism burning body fat very fast.
2. Drink a lot of water: Water is great for health, but it’s even better when you are trying to lose weight and flatten your stomach. This is because when you drink enough water, you are actually helping your system to maintain proper water balance which helps in reducing water retention, a major cause of bloated bellies. Water also makes us feel full and reduces overeating.
3. Reduce your Dairy intake: Dairy products, especially in lactose intolerant people, cause uncomfortable gas conditions and bloating. This happens because they have difficulty digesting ‘lactose’, the sugar found in dairy. We suggest that you have yogurt and stick to smaller portions of milk and its products.
4. Stay away from Alcohol, carbonated drinks and bottled fruit juices: Alcohol is a very bad food when it comes to bloating the bellies, reportedly alcohol helps the body store fat and burns about 36% less fat consumed compared to alcohol-free food intake. Not only that but carbonated drinks are filled with gas and more gas in GI tract leads to bloating and bigger bellies.
5. Eat more Potassium-rich foods: Potassium is a natural diuretic, which helps reduce water retention in the belly, so eat high potassium foods like mango, papaya, yogurt and bananas, which will help reduce bloating and flatten your belly fast.
6. Eat veggies and fruits with a high fiber content:
A well-balanced diet can help you shed a lot of weight. If you have not already included high fiber content vegetables and fruits like raw banana, raw papaya, carrots, beets, broccoli, sprouts, strawberries, pears and so on. It aids digestions and quickens up your metabolism. These fruits and vegetables should be consumed at least once every day.
7. Exercise every day
It is very important to exercise every day and burn extra fat from your body. Besides that, it also helps to prevent hormonal imbalance and also releases free radicals from the body. Try cycling, spot jumps, crunches and squats to burn that stubborn belly fat in no time.
8. Cut down sugar intake
If you want to get rid of that droopy muffin top then cut down sugar and caffeine consumption. Stop eating sugar candies and switch to pure dark chocolate or chilled ripe bananas to satisfy sudden food cravings once in a while instead of consuming milk chocolate, ice-cream or doughnuts.
9. Do not give up your Favorite foods completely
You should not have to give up everything that you like to it just because it is not the most healthy option. In fact, giving up pleasure from the food is a sure-fire way to derail your diet and hamper your weight loss quest. So, certainly cut down but still indulge in the foods you like every once in a while and in moderation. A good ratio is to aim for this is 80-20. It means that you can indulge in your liked foods about 20% of the time if you eat healthily the rest of 80% of the time.
10. Prepare your food plan for the week beforehand
Since we all lead a hectic lifestyle and it might become harder during the week to follow a resolution like eating healthily as it might require you to go out of your way to prepare for this. So, to counter this, you can make a meal plan, get the required groceries and veggies, and even prep some stuff which you are going to use to make your meals, beforehand during the weekend itself. This will smoothen out your struggle a lot and it will be easier to follow your diet and keep on losing weight in a steady manner.
11. Designate an eating zone
If you have designated a place or area as the only place where you can eat your food even if it is light snacking, it can help greatly reduce your over-consumption. That is because then you won’t be able to munch stuff whenever and wherever you want. This will help you control your eating a lot and it will help out your weight quest a bunch too.
12. Keep raw foods and fruits out to be handy
Veggies and fruits are extremely nutritious when consumed raw. Even the veggies lose a lot of their nutritional and beneficial content when they are cooked. So, if you prepare an assortment of raw veggies and fruits and eat them with your meals or instead of snacks, it could help your weight loss significantly as they are full of essential nutrients and hence do not supply any empty calories.
13. Do not stock up on unhealthy snacks
It is pretty simple if you do not have stuff like chips, cupcakes, and ice cream lying around, you won’t be able to eat them in the first place and consequently, you won’t gain any unnecessary weight. So, when you go grocery shopping, skip junk foods like that to keep your home free from them and avoid such temptations. This can actually help a lot in keeping the extra calories going in your body to a minimum.
14. Eat a lot of yogurts and other probiotic stuff
Yogurt has been proven to add a lot of help to weight loss as it is rich in protein and supplies crucial calories along with essential nutrients. Moreover, the probiotics are great for helping burn off the excess fat stores in the body. So, just add some yogurt to your everyday meals to improve your health and get a leg up in your weight loss journey.