10 very effective home remedies for dark lips
Pigmentation on your lips and dark skin around lip area is one of the most common problem for all girls. Although you can easily hide them using lipsticks and concealer but if you go with these temporary solution for long time, it will only make your problem worse. So it’s better to take corrective action as soon as possible.
Today in this article, we are going to share some home remedies that will remove all pigmentation on your lips and at the same time will make your lips super soft with natural pinkish glow
Effective home remedies for dark lips
1.Remove skin pigment by exfoliating. Lips are delicate in nature, we cannot exfoliate them as we would with other parts of the skin. The lips are also prone to dryness, as sweat glands or sebaceous glands are not present in them.Right way to exfoliate lips is to apply a bit of lime juice and allow it to get absorbed.you may apply glycerin to the lips first. After this you need to tighten the lips by opening the mouth, and using your finger gently rub along the length of the lips, using a similar motion to that of brushing the teeth. You will notice that the skin begins to peel off.
2.You can use lemon juice and honey along with sugar as a lip scrub. Mix a little sugar in with your lemon-honey mixture. Allow it to sit undisturbed for about 3 minutes and then mix it once more for about 30 seconds.Make sure that you scrub your lips gently as they are extremely delicate and excess pressure can cause scarring.
3.You can also make your own natural lips scrub using almond oil, honey and sugar.
4.To exfoliate you can brush your lips gently with a mild toothbrush in the morning. However, be extremely careful so that you do not hurt the skin on your lips in any way.
5.To reduce darkening of the lips, it is also beneficial to apply clarified butter to the lips and leave it on overnight.
6.Apply tomato pulp if you do not have chapped lips .let it dry and then wash it off.
7.Rub lemon juice before to bed and wash it off in the morning.
8.Almond oil is known to be effective in reducing staining on the lips. You may mix almond oil with a small amount of cream and apply to the lips.
9.Try to follow a balanced diet with a large amount of fresh fruits like grapefruit, oranges, apples, water melons, etc. and vegetables like to radish, turnips and lettuce.
10.Use lip balm that has minimum of spf 15 ,make sure you wear it before you leave your house.
11. You can use the great root veggie, beetroot, to treat your lips and make them rosier. You must have noticed the coloring effect beetroot have. They can stain anything in their color red in a moment. What is great about this is that it is highly beneficial for the body too. To use it, just rub some fresh beetroot juice over your lips before you go to bed and wash your lips in the morning. You can also make a combination of beetroot juice with carrot juice to add some more beneficial nutrients to this remedy. The reddening property of beetroots will quickly turn your lips red from the dark.
12. Pomegranate is another one of these fruits whose juice’s a single drop can stain stuff in their vibrant red color. You may have noticed that eating it turns your whole mouth red. You can utilize it similar to the previous remedy or you can add it to the beetroot and carrot juice remedy too.
13. Cucumber is another one of these great skin lightening ingredients which are highly soothing for the skin. It hydrates very well so it can even help with any dryness of lips which might be going on. You can use this directly, by cutting off a slice then using it to rub the lips for a few minutes every day.
14. Make your own berrylicious lip balm
- Crushed rose petals: 3
- Mashed strawberry paste: 1 teaspoon
- Mashed raspberry pulp: 1 teaspoon
- Pomegranate juice: 2 teaspoons
- Glycerine: half a teaspoon
- Beeswax: 2 teaspoons
- Shea butter: half a teaspoon
- Cocoa butter: 1 teaspoon
- Empty lip balm container: 1
- Add everything in a glass container and use the double boiler process to make sure everything has melted into a pink liquid.
- Keep stirring while it melts.
- You can add an essential oil of your own choice if you like an aromatic lip balm.
- Let it cool down and solidify into a paste.
- Transfer the contents in an empty lip balm container.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Apply it after scrubbing your lips mildly.
- Replace your regular lip balm with this organic lip and apply it whenever your lips feel dried out to get baby soft pink lips at the comfort of your home.
15. Pomegranate, Milk, and Rosewater remedy
- Pomegranate seeds: 1 tbsp
- Milk cream: a little amount
- Rosewater: a little amount
- First of all, take a tbsp of fresh pomegranate seeds in a mixing bowl and then crush them using a fork or a spoon or the like.
- After that, add in a little bit of each of milk cream and rosewater to the mixing bowl.
- Then, combine the ingredients together well by stirring them thoroughly. You should obtain a slightly coarse paste-like consistency.
- Now, to use this remedy, apply the hence-obtained mixture onto your lips using gentle massaging motions for a few minutes.
- After that, rinse it off using tepid water and you are done!
Use this remedy once every day to get rid of your dark lips as soon as possible.
16. Turmeric-based Lip Balm
- Turmeric: 1 tbsp
- Nutmeg: 1 tbsp
- Clarified Butter: 1 tbsp
- Beeswax: 1 tbsp
- First of all, take a pot and add all the ingredients into it in required quantities.
- After that, place the pot on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Stir the pot thoroughly to combine all the ingredients together well.
- Turn off the heat after about 15 minutes and let the balm cool down. Store it in a container and now it is ready for use.
- Just use this balm just like you would any other lip balm. Scrub it gently on your lips and then leave it be. Use it before going to bed to achieve the best results in lightening your lips.
- Apply this lip balm on your lips every day before going to bed to get better and livelier looking lips in no time.