Dry Lips Home Remedies
Cracked, dry or sore lips are both unsightly and painful. They can be caused by a variety of conditions, these include Climate change, Sun damage, Wind exposure, Dehydration, Vitamin deficiencies, Allergic reactions, and Side effects.
1. One of the most efficient methods to cure dry chapped lips is to apply Vitamin E and vitamin A on your lips. Get those capsules, poke them with a clean pin, extract the vitamin and apply on to your lips. Let it stay all night long.
2. Massaging the lips with a mixture of milk cream, lime juice, and rose water helps to keep the lips nourished and moisturized.
3. Honey is a nourishing natural substance that prevents drying of the lips.
4. The gel of aloe vera leaves can be extracted and applied to the lips and surrounding skin.
5. To reduce dryness and ease pain and discomfort, one can also gently rub a slice of cucumber over the lips.
6. Lips may be kept soft during the day by applying some cocoa butter.
7. Routine of exfoliating and moisturizing the lips is very important. Exfoliation must be done by gently rubbing the lips. One can also make use of a soft toothbrush or cloth.
8. Allow the papaya to remain on for about ten minutes and then rinse. Papaya is known to contain certain exfoliating enzymes which help to keep the lips soft and help as an effective cure for dry lips.
9. Apply some shea butter on your lips before going to bed to keep them baby soft.
10. Microwave beeswax and mango butter, mix and transfer the contents in an air-tight container and refrigerate overnight. Use this natural, homemade, chemical-free lip balm to get baby soft lips in no time.
11. To keep your lips soft and supple, you need to keep your body hydrated, drink enough water every day to keep your lips from chaffing.
12. Use a lip scrub or make some at home and use it at least twice a week to get the best results.
13. Don’t apply lead-based lipsticks, even if you do, remove it after some time. Lead can permanently damage your brain cells.
14. Cut down sugar consumption and have more fruits and vegetables to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
15. Do not step out in the sun without applying a sunscreen lotion. You must also apply sunscreen lotion on your lips.
16. Stop consuming coffee if you want to prevent dry, chaffed lips.
17. Grind some fresh rose petals, mix it with milk, strain out its juice and then apply the liquid on your lips every night before going to bed to wake up to beautiful, pink and soft lips.
18. Directly apply some glycerine on your lips and keep it overnight to get the best results. Repeat this process every night before going to bed to get the best results.
19. Take a slice of raw beetroot juice and rub it gently on your lips to see a visible change.
20. You can also mix strawberry pulp or raspberry pulp with mango butter to make your natural lip balm and apply it evenly all over your lips every night before going to bed to get the best results.
21. If the air is too dry then it can also remove the moisture from the skin to dry out the skin. You observe this in winters and cold temperatures when the skin starts getting dry. Drinking plenty of water will, of course, hydrate your body and skin too but you can also utilize a humidifier to keep your environment hydrated and add some moisture into your home.
22. We all are aware that smoking is bad for health but it is also known to irritate the lips. It easily dries out the lips due to the heat and tobacco and makes them chapped. It even discolors them by making them darker and marring their natural shade. So, if you smoke, and truly want healthy lips too, you will have to give smoking up.
23. People instinctively lick their lips if they are dry. However, this is not beneficial for this purpose but is actually detrimental to the lips’ dryness. Licking the lips may wet the lips for the short term but it ultimately dries out the lips even more. When the saliva evaporates from the lips after licking, it also takes away some moisture from the lips, drying them out in the process.
24. There are a few medications which can result in the drying of the lips. So, look into the effects and side effects of all your medications in detail to figure out if one of them is the culprit. There are certain types of medication which can cause dehydration and ultimately dry out the lips.
Home Remedies for Dry lips
In this section, we are going to look at a few home remedies which you can make by yourself using safe, healthy, and natural ingredients to help treat your dry lips.
Coconut oil is a great moisturizer for the skin. It contains a lot of fatty acids which help nourish the skin and make it soft and supple. To use it, just rub a couple of drops of it on your lips and leave it be. You can also add in a few essential oils to the coconut oil carrier to enhance its effects.
Sugar and Honey Exfoliator
Exfoliation is great for the skin as it helps keep it healthier, fresh, and supple by removing the dead skin cells which inevitably get accumulated on the skin. Exfoliating the lips also does that to help make your lips moisturized and soft.
You can make a simple scrub by mixing honey with some sugar. The granular nature of the sugar provides it with abrasive qualities which can exfoliate effectively. The honey helps moisturize and nourish the lips simultaneously. Honey is a known humectant, which means it helps hydrate the skin and moreover aids in attracting more moisture from the environment to keep it hydrated for longer.
Vaseline and Honey
Vaseline, which is petroleum jelly, helps soften the skin and lips and honey helps with these properties by adding onto the moisturizing and nourishing properties of the vaseline. Just mix a little bit of both together and then rub the mixture on your lips.