10 Important Beauty Tips For Women Over 30
February 3, 2021 Written by GP Team
Turning 30 is essentially just more exciting, with a bit more maturity.
It’s also the time of your life that you need to take care of your skin so you don’t have any skin issues ahead of you.
Keep yourself well, hydrated.
- Drinking plenty of water not only encourages good wellness; it also keeps your skin radiant.
- Keeping your skin replenished is a way to prevent dry, dull, and flaky skin.
Avoid sugar intake
- Balance your food, eat more vegetables, and drink less sugar and caffeine.
- Sugar improves the symptoms of aging and can also exacerbate the condition of the skin.
- Sugar induces inflammation and binds to the collagen that can make the skin rough.
- Your skin will lose its entire outer layer every 2-4 weeks.
- It keeps shedding dead cells on the surface every day.
- If not washed, dead skin cells will make your skin look dull, dark, patchy, and dry.
- It is also essential to exfoliate once a week.
- For exfoliation, you can use scrubs and facial brushes.
- Products containing AHAs (alpha-hydroxy acids) can also be used for this purpose.
- Make sure you don’t scrub your skin more than twice a week.
- Over-exfoliation can kill new cells and cause inflammation of the skin.
Follow the routine of CTM.
- CTM stands for Cleaning-Toning-Moisturizing.
- Before you retire for the day, make sure you clean your face thoroughly.
- Toning helps prepare your skin for the next set of moves in your skincare routine.
- Moisturizing ensures that your skin receives all the necessary ingredients it requires to heal itself and remain hydrated.
Using sunscreen on a daily basis
- Make sure you use sunscreen no matter the weather.
- It protects you from harmful UV rays and protects your skin from photo-aging.
- Make sure you use a sunscreen with at least SPF 30 and a PA+ rating.
- Though SPF protects you from UVB rays, PA rating means protection against UVA rays.
- Look for items with a PA++ rating; the higher the rating, the higher the safety.
Be aware of the primary ingredients in your skincare products.
- Your skin needs special ingredients in your 30s.
- It’s time for your skin to start showing the subtle signs of aging.
- You’d need tailored skincare items with unique ingredients that work to solve specific problems.
- When purchasing toners, creams, serums, and other skincare items, look for ingredients such as AHAs (like glycolic and lactic acids), antioxidants such as vitamin C, and resveratrol.
- Other essential ingredients include niacinamide, retinol, and ceramide.
- These ingredients take care of your skin, encourage exfoliation, increase cell turnover, and keep your skin looking fresh.
Take the Right Supplements
- Post 30, your body enters the maintenance process, and you need to help it with sufficient, proper nutrition.
- It’s the same with your face and skin.
- You can take vitamin and collagen supplements to improve your skin’s health and elasticity.
- Consult your health care provider/nutritionist for the best nutrients you need.
Go For Regular Facials And Use Face Masks
- Facials Improve the radiance and keep your skin healthy.
- They help increase the supply of blood to your skin.
- When paired with anti-aging drugs, signs of aging can also be delayed.
- You may want to visit the salons or try doing facials at home.
- You can also try face masks to provide extra nutrition for your skin needs.
- You may use DIY face masks for anti-aging.
Choose Natural Ingredients
- It’s best to trust the natural ingredients and homemade remedies for your skin, whatever your age.
- Use products such as milk, cream, honey, etc. on a daily basis for your skincare.
Oiling Your Hair
- Daily oiling will protect your hair from damage.
- Oil may prevent the penetration of surfactants (contained in shampoos and other hair care products) that can harm your hair.
- Coconut oil is the strongest of all the oils that reach the hair shaft and reduce the loss of hair protein.
- Apart from that, massaging really relaxes you and calms your mind.