During the winters, feet suffer the most.
It is naturally dry all the time and extremely prone to damage.
In this article, we will help you in treating your feet and prepping it for the winter season.
Following these tricks will help in keeping problems like cracked heels and damaged feet away.
Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!
- The first thing that everyone must do when it comes to winters is hydration.
- Winters lead to dry skin, peeling skin and also cracked heels.
- It is a must that you use a generous amount of moisturizer to prevent them from going damaged.
- The best time to apply them is in the night when the body goes into a repair mode.
During winters, the feet tend to shed skin.
However, they sit on the skin attracting bacteria which causes skin damage.
You must exfoliate the feet to remove these dead skin.
Exfoliation also helps in keeping the cracked heels clean and away from dirt.
However, be careful and use gentle exfoliators as using something harsh can cause bleeding in the cracked heels.
- You can use something as basic as 1 cup of granulated sugar mixed with 1/ 2 cup of coconut oil
- Scrub in a circular motion with gentle fingers.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse it off using cold water.
- Use this remedy 3-4 times in a week to keep your heels crack free.
Warm Water Soak
Soaks are functional as well as a relaxing agent.
They work like spa treatment while treating the problematic areas.
During winters, the feet grow hard and rough.
- Soaking feet in hot water for 1/2 hour will help in softening them.
- You can then use scrub and pumice stone on it to remove damaged and dead skin.
- Just add 4-5 drops of lavender essential oil in 1 bucket of warm water.
- You can also choose to add 2 tbsp of soap solution.
- Rinse it off after soaking for 30 minutes.
- Use this once every week in winters.
During winters, moisturizing using butter and balms are not enough.
You have to go one step forward and use oils on it instead.
Oils come packed with healthy fats which double on the moisturizing factor.
- Just heating about 4-5 tbsp of coconut oil and massaging the entire feet will help in keeping them damage-free.
Wear Natural Socks
A lot of people do all the right things still end up with cracked heels.
This is because they don’t protect it after the care.
- Socks help you in that.
- When you are done soaking them, oiling them or moisturizing them, it is a must that you protect them by wearing natural socks.
- During winters, the ideal material would be wool.
Cracked heels can reach a point where they tend to bleed.
This happens when they are not taken care of at the right time.
They also turn extremely painful where exfoliating or even using oils can become troubling.
- In cases like these, you must opt for liquid bandages.
- These come in spray form which protects the area from attracting infection and bacteria.
- You can also leave the worry of them coming off.