Today in this post, we will share a very simple nighttime skincare routine to achieve flawless glowing skin. This is a 6 step routine, that will remove dead skin cells from your skin and will deeply nourish your skin.
Step#1 of this routine is cleansing
You can use cleansing milk for this purpose, or you can make your own cleanser.
- In a clean bowl mix 2 tsp of milk and 1 tsp of raw honey.
- Mix and your cleanser is ready. Apply this all over your face and leave it for 5 minutes. After that, you can rinse your face with plain water.
Now coming to step#2, that is exfoliation
For this purpose, you can use AHA serums, available on market or you can also make your own AHA scrub at home.
- In a clean bowl mix 1 tbsp of yogurt and 1 tsp of brown sugar powder. Let sugar melt completely into yogurt and your scrub is ready.
- Apply this mixture on your face and neck, and let it rest on your face for 10 minutes. Sugar is rich in glycolic acid and curd in lactic acid. This mixture will melt all dead skin cells on your face
- After 10 minutes rinse your face with plain water. Now your face is ready to absorb all good things from products that we are going to apply next.
The next step of this routine is a hydrating face pack
- Normally we keep it very simple. In a bowl, mix 1 tsp of gram flour, 1 tsp of aloe vera gel and 1 tsp of rose water, and your pack is ready.
- Apply this pack all over your face and neck, leave for 15 minutes and you’re done.
step#4 of this routine is a water-based serum
- We normally first put a few drops of vitamin C serum on my face, followed by niacinamide serum.
Step#5 of this routine is a moisturiser
- For this step, you can use your regular night cream.
- If you have acne-prone skin, use some cream rich in retinoic acids, like tretinoin cream or adapalene gel.
Both of these are very effective for acne and also lighten pigmentation on your face.
If you have oily skin, your routine ends here.
For normal to dry skin, the last step of this routine is oil-based serum.
- Apply a few drops of oil-based serum and massage it on your face.