In this post, we are going to share a very simple DIY to make your own vitamin C serum. We have used pineapple as the main ingredient, to make this serum, as this fruit is rich in vitamin C and at the same time it is suitable for all skin types.
To make this serum you will need these ingredients:
- Pineapple Juice
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Sweet almond oil
- And few drops of rosehip seed oil
- First, take 1/2 cup of pineapple juice in a bowl.
- In this add 1 tsp of glycerin.
- Next, add 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel and 1 tsp of almond oil.
- Mix it well.
- At last, you can add 5-6 drops of rosehip seed oil to this.
- Mix it well and your night serum is ready.
- Just apply a few drops of this serum on your clean face before going to bed and enjoy flawlessly, brighter looking and glowing skin.
Pineapple, used in this serum is packed with some amazing benefits, 100g of Pineapple contains 78% of the Daily recommended value of Vitamin C and it is also loaded with antioxidants and alpha-hydroxy acids, which fight skin-damaging free radicals, the AHA’s in pineapple also exfoliate the skin, the fruit enzymes i.e., proteolytic plant enzymes in the pineapple remove dead skin cells and brighten your skin.
Rosehip seed oil is another powerful ingredient, which is well suited for all skin types. It is high in skin nourishing vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C and also essential fatty acids, including linoleic and linolenic acid. Rosehip seed oil hydrates and moisturizes the skin, alleviating the signs of ageing such as wrinkles and fine lines, it protects against sun damage and also brightens the skin. It also improves collagen production in your skin, making your skin soft and supple.
Aloe vera is loaded with vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin E, beta-carotene. Aloin, the compound present in aloe vera, reduces melanin production in the skin, thus removing pigmentation from the skin and brightening the skin. It is amazing for healing sunburns and skin lightening.
This is a perfect night serum for all skin types.