Teenager Skin Care Routine
Teenage years for all are often anxiously ridden and frustrating. Not only the mind is experiencing change but also the body. Such improvements have become evident on the skin. The issues are numerous, ranging from out-of-the-blue breakouts to body odor, to the excess body and facial hair.
We recommend making a powder cleanser because it is quick and you can store it for a very long period.
- Orange Peel Powder
- Neem Powder
- Oats flour
- Gram Flour
- Wild Turmeric
- In a dry and clean bowl take 2 tablespoons each of oats and gram flour.
- Next add 1 tablespoon of each orange peel powder and neem powder, if you want you can increase the quantity of neem powder.
- Then, add 1 teaspoon of wild turmeric. Remember to use wild turmeric, not the regular cooking turmeric because that will stain your skin.
- Mix everything well and store it in a dry and airtight container.
- You can store this for 3-6 months if kept in a cool and dry place.
- To use take a little amount and add a few drops of water on your palm and apply this directly on your face.
- Massage for 2-3 minutes and wash it off.
This is a gentle cleanser it will not be able to remove your waterproof makeup.
It doubles as a mask, you can add rose water or curd to make a mask.
Neem leaves are commonly used in Indian natural skincare and hair care routine.
These leaves are antiseptic, anti-bacterial, and antifungal.
Neem can be used to treat allergies, skin rashes, acne, and wounds.
This specific cleanser is ideal for people with regular skin outbreaks such as acne, pimples, or blackheads.
The paste can be applied directly to the infected area before it heals.
Oatmeal contains saponin, known for its deep cleaning abilities.
Homemade oatmeal helps remove dirt and impurities from your skin and enhances the texture of your skin.
Oatmeal is gentle in nature and fits all forms of skin including sensitive skin.
Turmeric has been used for lightening and brightening our skin for years.
It contains curcumin, a potent antioxidant that helps control the synthesis of melanin in the skin.
Less melanin means lighter and fairer skin tone and less dark spots and hyper-pigmentation.
It comes next to washing your face.
The pores open up with the use of facial cleansers.
A good toner is necessary to shut them out.
Even toner helps absorb the dirt that facial washes fail to pick up.
Plus toners are vital for maintaining our skin’s moisture balance.
Forget about the harsh chemically laden toners on our bodies.
- Good old rose water was what was used by queens and princesses to make beautiful skin.
- Apply it to your face with a cotton ball, or spray it to clean, refresh, brighten, and soften your skin.
- Keep it in your fridge to make its calming and relaxing effects even better.
Rosewater smells good, is perfect for sensitive skin too, and is so cheap.
- Tomato Juice/Puree
- Rose Water
- Take 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder in a bowl.
- To this add some tomato juice and some rose water.
- Combine and spread it uniformly around face and back.
- Repeat until it naturally gets dry and then washes it with clear water.
- For better results repeat twice a week.
Sandalwood powder is very good for teenage skin glow.
The sandalwood powder’s anti-oxidant benefits block the free radicals and help us get clean, radiant skin.
This helps extract impurities from the pores of the skin and unblocks the pores.
It assists in avoiding breakouts.
Sandalwood powder is also known for its absorbing qualities.
This removes the excess oil from the skin when used on the skin, which leaves the skin oil clear, clean which sparkling.
In fact, both the antiseptic and antibacterial properties of sandalwood powder make it a perfect treatment for treating acne and pimples.